need a ford tech HELP ME

bmwnut

I have a 2005 f 250 ford with a 5.4 three valve and i have a major engine problem whould like to talk to a ford dealer tech about it PM me your number

Thanks

Did you get any help? I'm not a dealer tech, but I know quite a bit about that engine. PM me if you'd like.

Let me guess, a spark plug broke off, or one blew out?

If you have a significant loss of power, and you hear a whistling noise, similar too the sound an aftermarket cold air intake makes, you probably have a spark plug loose.

Just a guess, I am not a Ford Tech...

Edited by LINK

those 3v are not known for blowing plugs out....youre thinking of the 2v.....early 3v had a problem with plugs breaking off while changing them, but not just breaking for no reason

This.

I have installed thread inserts on MANY of the 2v 5.4's, and a few 4.6's.

Been there as well and actually dealing with it right now with my dads truck too.

Feel free to PM me the same PM and I will let you know what I know. I had issues with my F150, and now my dads is having some different ones. I'm no Ford Tech just a shady tree mechanic that loves Ford's so fixing them etc. is in my blood line too. Probably not like Jporter, I believe he does this for a living, but yeah, anything on the 5.4 and the 6.0 I should have some info on.

Shoot me the same PM you sent him.

PS my uncle was the engineer that signed off on not using the high temp anti-sieze on the spark plugs at Ford to cut costs. Not one of them, THE ONE. I see him often and still remind him about my full head job I had to have due to his decision, then he laughs. But he's a true Ford engineer, and actually emailing me about getting our Xplan set up today for our new ride, so I can email him back.