Bike starts but won't keep idle

granda080

Ok, so I just reassembled the bike after getting it painted over the winter months. It was a cosmetic upgrade. The motor has been left alone and was running great. We put new plugs, air filter and fresh gas in it.

So the bike will start, but has an extremely low idle and if you turn the throttle it dies immediately.

The only thing that was taken off due to painting was the fuel pump...which seems to be acting very strange. It literally spews gas out of the spout. It never did this before. It was always was dry in the past when I have had the tank off the bike. I took the fuel pump out and looked it over. There was an o-ring that went between the two fuel pump half and it looked alright.

I am out of ideas.

HELP...my freshly painted fizzy is fizzed-up.

Sounds like your o rings went bad probably dried up try and replace them. Sounds like the problem you might have some air in the fuel lines. Just a guess mine died on me when I went on a first ride of the season. Sounded like my injectors were not getting enough fuel to stay on. Just my assessment hope that helps.

Sounds like your o rings went bad probably dried up try and replace them. Sounds like the problem you might have some air in the fuel lines. Just a guess mine died on me when I went on a first ride of the season. Sounded like my injectors were not getting enough fuel to stay on. Just my assessment hope that helps.

I think the o ring may have had something to do with it was well.