67 in a 55 WTF?!

Tonik

my first citation was "failure to control" exiting the road on my first motorcycle permit via a ditch, and launching myself into someone's front yard...

road went left, kickstand told me i wasn't going left, i went straight...

second citation was 68 in 55, so i had no license for 90 days...(stupid probationary license program)

Yep, 10 and under good, 11 over, bad. Every trooper I know/local PD, tells me the same thing. Helps that I drink beer with them often.

I dated a chick who's dad was a cop and he said 7 was the magic number because there is a few MPH deference sometimes between actual speed and the radar speed, depending on how accurately the gun is calibrated, so they want to be sure they can say you were speeding or else it will get thrown out in court.

Sucks, but you've probably gotten away with it quite a few times, too (and more).

Pay the man, smile, and enjoy the ride home.

I pretty much just consider tickets to be a toll to speed. I have pretty much had 2 on my record at all times since I turned 17. Every year or so I renew my tickets like I do my registration and license lol.

Edited by JStump

8 over is my max depending on surroundings. But from my experiences its odd to see a bike pulled over. Years back I was told by a Leo friend that police radar has a harder time picking up on a motorcycle, but in the past year or so I have been seeing more and more bikes getting special attention (pulled over) from Leo's.

I pretty much just consider tickets to be a toll to speed. I have pretty much had 2 on my record at all times since I turned 17. Every year or so I renew my tickets like I do my registration and license lol.

agreed...except I've only had 3 tickets in 11 years of driving which is miraculous since I'm usually doing 10-19 over depending where I am and what road. I pick and choose wisely where I speed

this used to be me... I've been pretty fortunate lately (or *gasp* I've started to drive a little more responsibly:wtf:)

I do think radar has a harder time picking up my bike, and I'm usually super aware and paying very close attention to my surroundings when on 2 wheels (I see cops before they radar me)

now that I've said that I'm sure to get a couple tics this year...:nono:

8 over is my max depending on surroundings. But from my experiences its odd to see a bike pulled over. Years back I was told by a Leo friend that police radar has a harder time picking up on a motorcycle, but in the past year or so I have been seeing more and more bikes getting special attention (pulled over) from Leo's.

A cop I know in Detroit says 8 your fine 9 your mine...

shouldn't it be 8 you're great?

Perfect timing, On my way back to work after running home to grab my bike for lunch, I'm winding through the gears, and about 1/8 mile up the road on my right i see something odd, chop throttle squeeze brake, and I see a LEO scrambling to set up his radar... LOL must have heard me coming...

awareness FTW!! he gave me the international sign language for "I'm watching you" and I gave it right back...:cool:

he gave me the international sign language for "I'm watching you" and I gave it right back...:cool:

You should have given him the universal sign of "I saw you 1st"

I'd have waved back at him with a disturbing amount enthusiasm - like a special needs kid who just saw his parents in the audience at a recital.

• Upvote 1

I'd have waved back at him with a disturbing amount enthusiasm - like a special needs kid who just saw his parents in the audience at a recital.

that is a copyrighted wave on OR rides, you must pay Jbot royalties

• Upvote 1

everyone in the D does at least 80 on the freeway there. last time i was there i was doing 80 in the slow lane and getting passed like i was standing still lol.

he must have meant 80 you're fine, 90 you're mine.

Radar picks up the largest return signal, which in general... is either the radiator or the drivers face behind the windshield. Both give large returns. It pretty much doesn't matter if it's a bike or a car or a semi. Just who has the largest radar return. (Which probably does mean which is the largest radiator.)

Having said that, I've seen radar clock a speeding semi that was being passed by a car that was being passed by me on a bike. Guess what was going to happen there? edit: Yeah, two answers are correct and one is wrong...

Edited by ReconRat

I dated a chick who's dad was a cop and he said 7 was the magic number because there is a few MPH deference sometimes between actual speed and the radar speed, depending on how accurately the gun is calibrated, so they want to be sure they can say you were speeding or else it will get thrown out in court.

My wife's husband is a cop and he told me that's ridiculous.