Couple of questions: headlights, chain, battery (04 R6)

smashweights

Can try to post from my phone, but I might just have to text it. No computer right now. :/

About the chain, that's from the service manual. I had to look it up after I got my bike back from the shop. They had it way too tight.

Can try to post from my phone, but I might just have to text it. No computer right now. :/

About the chain, that's from the service manual. I had to look it up after I got my bike back from the shop. They had it way too tight.

Yeah, I saw that in my Clymer manual today. I'll have to loosen it up a bit, I didn't realize how loose those were supposed to run...

And based on your picture, we're talking about two different things. The bulb is in place just fine, but if i grab the metal housing around the bulb there, I can wiggle the entire projector assembly

So the bolt itself gets wobbly, not the adjuster nut on the reflector? That bolt is definitely supposed to stay rigid no matter how much you crank it. It just rotates to allow the threads to adjust the aforementioned nut.

By bolt, I mean the screw that holds the "metal housing" also known as a reflector or projector. There are two screws, and a ball-cup joint. If it's wobbly and securely attached on those screws, check to see if the ball is snapped into the cup. It takes some force. I thought i was going to break it. I've got a pic on here from when I was doing my conversion...

By bolt, I mean the screw that holds the "metal housing" also known as a reflector or projector. There are two screws, and a ball-cup joint. If it's wobbly and securely attached on those screws, check to see if the ball is snapped into the cup. It takes some force. I thought i was going to break it. I've got a pic on here from when I was doing my conversion...

ball and cup joint eh? If you find that pic, I'd be most grateful cause i'm not sure what this is.

523222_10151427032920461_646535460_23018616_1162795500_n.jpg

That's the best I could find. The cup piece is screwed onto a piece of plastic I was shaping to mount my xenons. It should be screwed onto your projector. The ball is brassy, and just has threads on the other end and screws into the plastic housing.

That's the best I could find. The cup piece is screwed onto a piece of plastic I was shaping to mount my xenons. It should be screwed onto your projector. The ball is brassy, and just has threads on the other end and screws into the plastic housing.

Where is that/how do I get access to that? I've never seen anything like that on the bike...

Well, you can take a hair drier to it. Then gently pry with flat heads. Look up a couple hid conversions. They're all practically the same. Hidplanet.com has tons of info too. With a hair drier, you could leave it on the bike even. Just need to take the windscreen, top panels, and bra off.

Well, you can take a hair drier to it. Then gently pry with flat heads. Look up a couple hid conversions. They're all practically the same. Hidplanet.com has tons of info too. With a hair drier, you could leave it on the bike even. Just need to take the windscreen, top panels, and bra off.

There's gotta be another way to reseat this thing, if in fact, that's the cause.

RSparky, you are my new hero! I went out and pulled the dust cover off to peek around to see if i could spot this giant-looking plastic plate of yours. Now, either yours is different than mine, or that picture has some of the metal housing removed cause I couldn't see any plastic looking like that. Either way, i could see both of the adjustment screws and it was clear it wiggled up and down only and that both screws were seated in the assembly. Then i spot this weird little 4-pronged ball socket looking thing just barely visible at the bottom of the assembly directly under the headlight bulb socket and it looked like there was a space between it and a rod or screw behind it. So i pulled the bulb out, tried to align the two, gripped it by the empty socket, and pulled it back and rotated it to put pressure on the "ball socket thing," remembering you said it took some force to reconnect, i went against my gut and pulled harder and SNAP! Popped right in! Did a few fist pumps. Projectors are solidly in place and aligned, after quite a substantial adjustment since all my messing with it threw it WAY off.

I had someone at R6MN tell me to just get a whole new headlight housing, glad you chimed in and set me straight. I'll have to get you a beer sometime.

That is the easiest way. I set it on a wet towel in a baking pan. But idk if you have to.

Edit: that's awesome! Glad you got it fixed. Without buying a new one! And my plastic piece in my pic was just a piece I cut up to mount an aftermarket projector. thar's why you didn't have it lol. I like beer. But a forum is a way to get free help from other people. So meh.

Edited by RSparky