My seester cannot ride a motorcycle

attentiongetter92

My sister has a fz6r that we got two summers ago brand new and it has 110 miles on it. She said it was too tall so my dad and I lowered it. Now she says it's hard to turn and hard to shift(just more excuses to not ride). Any way we could help her out with riding? I think another problem is she doesn't have the same spark for bikes that I had.

Thanks.

How much has she actually ridden? Because it sounds like she is just scared of the bike, and has good reason to be. But after the first 20 or 30 miles, that uneasy feeling I had when I first started riding went away as I got used to the controls and turning. I knew I wanted to ride so I pushed through the uncomfortable first few miles, but if she does not really want to ride, I do not think anything is going to change her mind. It sounds like this may be the case.

Has she taken the basic rider course?

Yeah. She just kind of shrugged off the information though. Shes a know-it-all stuck up type.

How much has she actually ridden? Because it sounds like she is just scared of the bike, and has good reason to be. But after the first 20 or 30 miles, that uneasy feeling I had when I first started riding went away as I got used to the controls and turning. I knew I wanted to ride so I pushed through the uncomfortable first few miles, but if she does not really want to ride, I do not think anything is going to change her mind. It sounds like this may be the case.

I feel that your right. She's ridden maybe 20 of em, mostly in a parking lot. I've ridden it a bunch, fun bike.

I feel that your right. She's ridden maybe 20 of em, mostly in a parking lot. I've ridden it a bunch, fun bike.

I would try to go on a few short trips with her like to the grocery store and around town, nothing with too much traffic because traffic alone is enough to scare someone off a bike let alone learning how to ride with it all around you.

Sell it. Seem's as if she's not interested and unwilling to learn. Nothing wrong with that. Possibly just not what she thought it was going to be and just isnt her thang.

This.

my brother and i had the same experience with our dad. Only difference is we knew better than to let him spend $5k on something he wasn't sure he'd enjoy or stick with.

His GS500 mostly sat. We rode it more than he did. He sold it for a $200 loss a couple years later, and bought new golf clubs with the cash.

I was upset for a while, but then if he tried to get me to love golf, I think I'd use clubs twice, let them sit for a couple years, and then sell them as well...

my brother and i had the same experience with our dad. Only difference is we knew better than to let him spend $5k on something he wasn't sure he'd enjoy or stick with.

His GS500 mostly sat. We rode it more than he did. He sold it for a $200 loss a couple years later, and bought new golf clubs with the cash.

I was upset for a while, but then if he tried to get me to love golf, I think I'd use clubs twice, let them sit for a couple years, and then sell them as well...

this.

if its not her thing, its not her thing.....forcing her to ride with you will just make her enjoy it less. she should sell it and find something else she likes, or maybe go on a cruise or something.

She just needs a liter bike, the fz6r is just too boring

I need liter bike lol

Get her out there with some other females. Sometimes guys are intimidating to ride with. It helped Tonys wife. :)

I mentioned that to her andshe just shrugged it off. But think it would help her out, she doesn't trust guys.