Best rider to rider communicators

Mary#17

Thinking about grabbing one of the Sena systems. Either SMH5, or SMH10.

To those of you have experience with them, how are they? Can you listen to two devices at once? As in, if I had music playing, could I also hear another rider over the intercom, or GPS?

i believe it will pause the music for rider to rider contact or GPS directions. So long as it doesn't rain, I am gonna test that tonight on my way to dropping the bike off at DucRX :D

Funny that this just got bumped as I just bought the cardo scala q2 multiset. Yesterday was the first day of using it. So far I'm not sure. The set was supposed to come pre-paired and it wasn't. Took us a while to get it to work. Finally got it synced. Worked well on the way to lunch but about 5 minutes in on the ride back, seems like they became unsynced and didn't work anymore. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet so I'm not sure what is going on. Might exchange this set for another.

Having said that, while it worked, I was pretty happy with it but we really didn't go far or fast so very limited use at this point. The FM music worked well and we messed around with the Iphone connections a little bit before the ride but that isn't a big must for us - we just want to be able to communicate easily. I'll post a full review once I get a better handle on our current problems.

Mary

Thinking about grabbing one of the Sena systems. Either SMH5, or SMH10.

To those of you have experience with them, how are they? Can you listen to two devices at once? As in, if I had music playing, could I also hear another rider over the intercom, or GPS?

Idk about those but my Interphone F4 cuts out the music and starts ringing for me to answer if my friend is radioing me.

So it's kind of like a walkie talkie? You push a button to say what you wanna say or whatever, and then the music resumes when you're done?

The Interphone works as a open channel, you can talk over each other and it only ends when you push the button.