Looking for shop suggestions

jayjie15

UPDATE-

Put the Sea Foam in and have been riding the bike around for the past week or so. It is running descent but I don't feel it is still as reliable as it has been in the past. I still get the feeling when standing at a stop sign or light that the bike is going to quit and not start again. I do not like this feeling.

I spoke words with my neighbor who is very mechanically inclined and he is going to clean/sync the carbs, change the oil and air filter, change the plugs, and also put a new back brake rotor on. I feel that after all of this is done my terd should be 100%. I appreciate everyones help and suggestions thus far. It is nice to see that the d baggery is kept to a minimum here.

Ah cool. I just moved out this way about 3 years ago but I used to live on 167 in Jefferson. I kind of miss the freedom of living in the country but don't miss having to drive 20 minutes to go to the grocery store.

ha! true, true

*Update*

Everything is done minus the carb sync and the bike seems to be running smoother. The plugs and air filter were not in the best of shape. My neighbor also changed the coolant to as this looked pretty bad upon inspection.

From what I understand I would need a carburetor synchronizer tool to complete the job. I have looked these guys up online and they appear to be anywhere from $75 to $100. Does anyone know if there is a place that rents these, or can you suggest a better alternative? I suppose I could buy it and resell it after use for almost the same price. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!