Experience w/ Midwest Cafe Racing Association

ohdaho

^ what what!!!! big spoon on the prowl

You better back the fuck off my big spoon. Just because Mikey is 6ft 4 doesn't mean there's enough to go around. Cox and I share him from time to time, but Putnam weekend he's all mine. Plus craigs shorter then me so he has to be mini-spoon.

See you today after work to rip into your generator. I'll text ya at lunch as ar emidner.

Wow this thread took a turn towards the gay faaassst.

Any one know the control riders for the novice group w/ MCRA? I've got a friend who's doing his first track day here, and I'm not sure that was the best choice since it doesnt seem as class-oriented as say the Motoseries events or STT. The instructional time I had with both these groups in between sessions was phenomenal at guiding me along as to what to do. With MCRA it seems like there is no novice instruction and folks are kind of just thrown out there...which worries me as to who Im actually on the track with.

Would like a recommendation on a good control rider that he can maybe lean on for tips after sessions and whatnot.

Any one know the control riders for the novice group w/ MCRA? I've got a friend who's doing his first track day here, and I'm not sure that was the best choice since it doesnt seem as class-oriented as say the Motoseries events or STT. The instructional time I had with both these groups in between sessions was phenomenal at guiding me along as to what to do. With MCRA it seems like there is no novice instruction and folks are kind of just thrown out there...which worries me as to who Im actually on the track with.

Would like a recommendation on a good control rider that he can maybe lean on for tips after sessions and whatnot.

Yeah dude, Dubguy and his pops both CR. Dub's dad will be riding Sat and Sun and Dub Sunday. They also are best friends with a lot of the other CR's and will take care of him. Trust me, if they are friends with Dubguy and his family they are top notch people. Also this is co-sponsored with Indy Ducati and those guys are also top notch, we rode with them at Jennings. I know several/all of them will be there.

Also Dave Grey from STT will be there working with Michelin tire sales guy from MRC/Putnam and will be able to assist with any tire needs and info for Mich.

Like Blue said also, there will be AFJ and OR both there to answer ?'s. I did ride once with a group at Putnam that was similar, less class time and more just track time, and your best bet is to grab a CR if it's your first session/second and ride with him for a few laps, then have him follow. If you want I am more than sure Dubguys dad would be willing to help. He also raced in his day and is still fast and way smoother then Mr.Smooth above, who is actually just gay and loves Cocks, I mean Cox.

Yeah dude, Dubguy and his pops both CR. Dub's dad will be riding Sat and Sun and Dub Sunday. They also are best friends with a lot of the other CR's and will take care of him. Trust me, if they are friends with Dubguy and his family they are top notch people. Also this is co-sponsored with Indy Ducati and those guys are also top notch, we rode with them at Jennings. I know several/all of them will be there.

Also Dave Grey from STT will be there working with Michelin tire sales guy from MRC/Putnam and will be able to assist with any tire needs and info for Mich.

Like Blue said also, there will be AFJ and OR both there to answer ?'s. I did ride once with a group at Putnam that was similar, less class time and more just track time, and your best bet is to grab a CR if it's your first session/second and ride with him for a few laps, then have him follow. If you want I am more than sure Dubguys dad would be willing to help. He also raced in his day and is still fast and way smoother then Mr.Smooth above, who is actually just gay and loves Cocks, I mean Cox.

Thanks John! Like John said, I'm control riding sunday and my dad is both days.. Which day or both is he riding? It is not as controlled as STT but he can grab my dad or myself anytime and we can stay with him for as long as he wants. We can also talk to him about any questions he has about lines, body position, braking, etc etc etc...

Let me know who he is and what type of bike and I'll make sure he is in good hands.. As John said there will be MANY good people out there.. He'll have a blast!

Thanks John! Like John said, I'm control riding sunday and my dad is both days.. Which day or both is he riding? It is not as controlled as STT but he can grab my dad or myself anytime and we can stay with him for as long as he wants. We can also talk to him about any questions he has about lines, body position, braking, etc etc etc...

Let me know who he is and what type of bike and I'll make sure he is in good hands.. As John said there will be MANY good people out there.. He'll have a blast!

Dub- I'll be on a black kawi, red tank, #36. ORDN sticker on the windscreen. He'll be on a red bull fairing'd cbr1k. We havent given him a number yet. Would love to meet both of yall on Saturday (only day we're riding). He's had no formal instruction on BP, lines, braking, etc. Definitely want to give him that good experience for his first track. Wanting to show him that track days are more than about going fast around a track, but that you can learn something new each time out on the track. Much appreciated.

He will be in good hands with dub, his hands are really soft

My friends black so im not sure he'll be able to handle him.

Sounds like Novice/Street will provide some of the STT Novice experience?

The last group to run the track will be the Novice/Street class. This session is where most new riders will continue to learn the track and advance their skill levels. After completing the classroom session, these riders will be with a chaperone on the track, and passing will only be allowed on straight-aways with limited top speeds. (Rest assured, even the Novice/Street group will be allowed to exceed the normal highway speed limits.) After each session, the chaperone will stick around to answer any questions the riders may have on technique or machine set up and to evaluate riders moving to move to the Intermediate class. The “Test The Track” group will be instituted into this group.

Dude, it's about to be a repeat of our Jennings trip, there is NO doubt in my mind at all. After the shitty fucking week I had this week(starting last friday), there is no way it won't be beautiful and we can rip some track time up.

I know that MyKill and BlueImAFag will be rolling 5pm sharp, and if Blue gets to Cbus early, I will leave work early because FUCK that place, I do what I want BITCH.

Yes, Im drinking heavily. Today was my friday for a funeral tomorrow in MI, so I can do whatever I want.

0% rain, 70's and sunny. And Im out.