WTB/Need Suggestions for an Everyday Overpant

CoolWhip

Hey all, I want to make sure I am wearing all the gear so I need to get a pair of pants. I need a pair that I can easily fit over jeans and will be comfortable. I'm a 32/34 waist in jeans. Does anyone have anything for sale or any recommendations? Thanks!

Hey all, I want to make sure I am wearing all the gear so I need to get a pair of pants. I need a pair that I can easily fit over jeans and will be comfortable. I'm a 32/34 waist in jeans. Does anyone have anything for sale or any recommendations? Thanks!

I am interested in this as well. Maybe something well vented but tight enough to wear jeans on top.

Same here, was looking at getting some draggin jeans but was also considering something to wear over shorts or work pants. I know there are a lot of pants out there, and I also know a lot of them are no better than the regular jeans I currently ride in. This is the last thing I need to complete my gear but I just havent found anything that jumps out at me as a quality, comfortable, and protective pair of pants. Most only fit one or two of these categories.

I have some Joe Rocket nylon/mesh overpants that I occasionally wear over jeans. Honestly though, I rarely wear more than just my reinforced jeans... I think they're icon or Shift. Don't remember, nor do I think it matters.

I looked at some "Reinforced" jeans at the motorcycle show(I think Icon) and they were not impressive. They had a very thin layer of kevlar which I hardly think would stop road rash for more than 5 feet. The Draggin Jeans have quite thick kevlar and there are videos to prove they are strong. I wouldnt trust anything else based off what I have read/seen so far.

The 2 pairs of shift jeans I have are ok. If you can afford the draggin I would definitely suggest those more.

I picked up some Joe Rocket mesh pants at the end of last year on clearance that I'm gonna pair with some Under Armour and see how that does this year for lighter riding

I wear Tourmaster Caliber pants most of the time when riding.

They are pretty water proof except right in the crotch so work good for wet and cold days. They come in long sizes which helps to keep the bottoms from coming up over the boot top when riding and are easy to put on.

However the zipper broke in mine after about 2 years of daily use (The buttons and velcro are still sufficient so I continue to use them) and being water proof they are hot on warm days.

If your are looking more for a fair weather pant then you probably want to look else where, but I think they are a good value for an all weather commute pant.

Craig

I wear Tourmaster Caliber pants most of the time when riding.

They are pretty water proof except right in the crotch so work good for wet and cold days. They come in long sizes which helps to keep the bottoms from coming up over the boot top when riding and are easy to put on.

However the zipper broke in mine after about 2 years of daily use (The buttons and velcro are still sufficient so I continue to use them) and being water proof they are hot on warm days.

If your are looking more for a fair weather pant then you probably want to look else where, but I think they are a good value for an all weather commute pant.

Craig

yup. i have the tourmaster caliber too. they are pretty awesome. they are not bad in the summer either, if you just take the liner out and open the vents.