Muffler chop

rawlins87

Thats cool, didn't know you could just cut a muffler in half. How loud is it now?

Most street mufflers are just riveted together...off-road mufflers usually just with set screws...gotta be able to repack the fiberglass.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to do the same to the can on my gixxer. The Can tip went all the way back to the end of the wheel. Plus there was some battle damage I was able to cut out. I have a tri oval aluminum can to do the same thing to, but may not go quite as short.

IMG_9198.jpg

Yours is uber short, but looks nice and clean! Kudos!

I kinda want to do this to mine but mine is riveted together. Can you put the rivets out and replace them screws?

What you do is use rivets again. Take the outlet cap and slide into the sleeve but allow the holes for the rivets in the cap to be exposed. Mark the holes once lined up. Measure in the required depth and drill them out. Use new STAINLESS rivets when ready! You are done.

It is really that easy. I am working on a little project with the RC8's Akrapovic muffler... Yes, I am gonna cut a $1500 muffler!:eek: