Honda EU1000i for warmers?

ama146

I have a set of Suzuka dual temps and there is a really good deal locally on a used Honda 1000i for $350. Has anyone ran a single set of warmers on a 1000watt generator with any issues? I won't put anything else on it but the one set of warmers. If 1000 watts isn't enough, I will basically have to buy a cheaper 2000 watt generator which I am trying to avoid at all costs due to noise, reliability, etc.

Most warmers use 1000-1200 watts, so you'll be at max or over max constantly which is obviously not good. Generally you want to start with at minimum 2000 watt generator/inverter.

What tracks are you going to? If you're going to any of the tracks in the area, look and see if you can share a genny. Usually it's no problem if you chip in a few bucks for gas.

That is always an option but I don't want to have to worry about that constantly. I have enough to worry about, so if I can prevent adding this to a list of worries I will do it. I asked because I have heard of people doing it before with no problems

You will be maxing that out with 1 set, actually some sets won't even run consitently on that. Warmers min. 900W, and that takes a peak to like 1200W to truly power up.

I can't honestly speak on wamers, as I havent run them BUT I've read about them for a while deciding what I want.

If you want to run anything else when the warmers are on, chances are slim to none unless the warmers are up to temp already then you could possibly run a radio or fan, that's it. Personally, I would wait and save the 350 for something bigger. Actually, look at the Champion Invertors at Sams Club, they are like 2500 and will run warmers and fans/radios/cell phone chargers/etc. and I think like 400, Costco sells them too.

I am sure others will chime in that run warmers, but I wouldn't buy it myself. The one thing I've learned from running 3500-5500 watts is you always want to go bigger, not smaller. And trust me on this, I run 2 TT's with AC off my Champion 3500.

Holy shit balls, that's legit priced! ALSO, if you do want to upgrade later and use 2 as "inline" convertor/generator's they sell a kit to stack them and use both as 1.

Yeah dude, I'd be all over that, but with my TT I needed something more powerful, 3500W min.

I hope they can do it! I have one for the grid already. I have seen them everywhere in the pits. Maybe if I pre heat my warmers b4 I plug them in?

Depends on brand of warmers you are running.. some draw 800-900 watts, and some draw 1200... U running woodcrafts?

I hope they can do it! I have one for the grid already. I have seen them everywhere in the pits. Maybe if I pre heat my warmers b4 I plug them in?

Prez, which one do you have for the grid? The Champion will def work, the Honda 1000EUI MAY but it all depends on your warmers, I mean you know more about that then I do. I'd say if the warmers are hot already or warmed, they will be fine. Much like when we have an AC unit running and add another to my full size champion, as long as 1 is running the other turns on and runs fine. Just can't peak at the same time.