Clean up cheap used ZRX, before and after.

mcdoggy2000

My project ZRX1200 is almost done and I just want to share my joy and thanks to guys helped me.

ZRX has been my favorite bike since '99 but always I choose Honda bikes when I buy used motorcycle, VFR, VTR, etc.

Finally, I got this 2001 ZRX1200R in Indiana at really good price.

I tow U-haul trailer and got it in beginning of FEB this year.

Done Brake & clutch fuild change, chain, F&R sproket, Fork and shock oil change, Fixed gauge wiring, broken throttle cables fixed, etc.

CNC fuel cap (ZRXOA memeber original), sliders & spool(ZRXOA), Mirror extender, Corbin G&L with backrest (for my 7yo baby girl- she wanted me to buy gold wing or BMW RT because of the back rest)

Driven superbike grip, ebay $39 levers, LED gauge bulbs,

Major change is the paint from Black to Green. see before and after pic.

I wanted only candy lime color on ZRX and checked with Paul before buying this black one.

Special Thanks to guys helped me and contact info for member might be instrested in.

Paul (aka Attackpainter) 614-394-2195.

Thanks for doing this for beginning of race season with your trip schedule.

You exceeded my expectation. high quality, no decal on my ZRX stripes.

I wish I know how to take better pic to show.

Jamie 260-710-4094 www.daughertymotorsports.com

Thanks for great advice from Superhawk era and doing service while waiting. also thanks swapping damaged fork cap.

Ryan (aka Hoblick) 614-256-3407

Thanks for taking care of throttle cable. It was PITA.

I finally find the trick from ZRXOA member and now no more sticky thorttle.

I will ask you for stem head bearing change. later.

Mark (aka fox_racing_guy)

Thanks for the free turn sgnals. I used for front and rear needed to be changed to yours. I hate the red side marker things previous owner added.

Edited by mcdoggy2000

Very nice.....now replace that massive exhaust with a nice Muzzy!!!!!:cool:

Oh I know, flat black megaphone will look great.

I heard Muzzy re-start making the Ti full exhaust, which was discountinued for several years....

When have enough $$$ to spend, remove air box for K&N POD and full exhaust and jetting.......woulkd be nice....

I had two bros Ti cans on my last bike and I love the sound of aftermarket exhaust away from my house, but not around my neighborhood....lol.

Green is good but I'm all for the blue ones, looks good.

Two thumbs up to you.

Thanks. Blue is "pretty" but You know Green is awesome because add 15hp on ZRX and I heard 20+hp on ZX10R.:D

I saw blue 1200 and that stand out in ZRX cloud because majority of zrx is green...

I usually like to be "different" but 2001 zrx1200r candy lime is the one for me.

Looks great, one of my all time favorite bikes.

Thanks man, I appreciate you understand ZRX style.

ZRX seems to be the bike "like it" or "hate it".

My kids are like "why did you buy this old bike with funny square lights?"

"Is this like antique collector's bike?"

My kids are used to see supersports so...

Several guys asked me which year is this bike? and they can't believe it is 2001 model. They thought it is from 80's.

Now it is green "Shrek" color, but even kids said paint job is awesome.

Mark, thanks for your donation.

My wife wants to go ride little far from our house this year, so planning to come see your green one too.

I'm glad you could put them to use, I purchased mine new in 02 as a left over and quickly replaced the stock signals. If you are looking for a quiet aftermarket exhaust I can recommend the Akrapovic, it's pretty mellow below 5,000 rpm and not obnoxious above that rpm. I had the Muzzy previously and it made about the same power but it looked like I welded it ( not a compliment :o) together.

Jeff Bennetts is organizing another ZRX/CBX rally in St. Clairsville June 15-17. There are great roads in that area but I was leading a ride last year and one of the CBX riders crashed following me on RT 26. I don't think I'll be going this year, I told everyone to ride their own pace and I would wait for them but some still try and keep up anyhow. I feel terrible the guy crashed and I don't need to re-live that moment again.

I'm glad you could put them to use, I purchased mine new in 02 as a left over and quickly replaced the stock signals. If you are looking for a quiet aftermarket exhaust I can recommend the Akrapovic, it's pretty mellow below 5,000 rpm and not obnoxious above that rpm. I had the Muzzy previously and it made about the same power but it looked like I welded it ( not a compliment :o) together.

Jeff Bennetts is organizing another ZRX/CBX rally in St. Clairsville June 15-17. There are great roads in that area but I was leading a ride last year and one of the CBX riders crashed following me on RT 26. I don't think I'll be going this year, I told everyone to ride their own pace and I would wait for them but some still try and keep up anyhow. I feel terrible the guy crashed and I don't need to re-live that moment again.

Akra got very good build quality.

I saw some Muzzy with not so good welding and rivet work( not sure from factory or not)

Tsukigi makes good quiet one, but not big fun of the looks (too long)

I need to ride this thing as it is before start modify power and suspension.

About Ohio ZRX/CBX ralley, I saw on ZRXOA and sounds good.

I will contact Jeff, but maybe just one day (sat or sun)