What would rip and take away the head of a rabbit?

Dubguy85

A cat or coon will take just the heads. Bears do that with fish when there's a lot that are easy to catch. Maybe it was a bear that's doing really well at catching rabbits in your hood.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Owls and hawks mostly eat mice and rabbits, about equal amounts for most of them. And it's not equal numbers of mice and rabbits, it's equal quantities by weight. Just something I learned from the library.

So I'm going to guess that mice and rabbits are preferred over dogs and cats. Basic reasoning would be a lot of missing dogs and cats if it were otherwise...

What are the chances something like this would happen to TWO different OR members :wtf:' date='

here is a video from our friend Scruit...

That does make it a bit weird. I know the rabbits in my neighborhood all got eaten by the coyotes.

I moved to Indiana in a house in a neighborhood. I have a fence that is wooden and my small 9lb dog can't get out... I have heard we have coyotes sometimes, but don't think it would be able to jump the fence... We just got home and a rabbit was dead in our yard without a head anywhere in site.. no meat eaten.. just a missing head.. what would do this? Owl, Hawk,?

Makes me a lil nervous for my little dog that looks like a rabbit!

A cat....normal everyday housecat. I've seen them actually forego eating anything other than the head and brain.

:lol: my dad did this to some guy that tried to break in our house, he also bit his nipple off :eek:

How did your dad manage to get his hands on the guy's bare scrotum? Was the guy breaking into your house naked? That needs to be explained. :wtf:

Here's the story I got:

2 guys tried to come in the front door at night but dad was awake and once the had the door open he tackled both of em out the front, one hit his head and got knocked out, My dad continued to beat the other guy and grabbed at his crotch (was wear shorts) and proceeded to rip, police showed, guys tried to sue my dad (the one guy had 300+ stitches I believe) and due to my dad record (not so good) but the judge looked at the guy and told him "your lucky Mr. Brown didn't kill you"

Dad is also a former Army Ranger and had some anger issues, its all good now but I'm still scared to wake him up for fear of getting punched outta reflex :cry: