Deals Gap Holster Bantering

gen3flygirl

There is a slight chance I may end up down there with you guys. A few of my friends had decided to go down there May 11-14. May 13 is mother’s day so we might be scrapping the whole trip. August is the soonest anyone can get together again. I might crash your party if we can't come up with an alternate weekend.

Only if you bring the vangaurd 2 for us to demo :D

I wish they made one that'd fit the CZ100. :(

You want a Versacarry. A couple guys had them at the instructor course.

Vid doesn't show the trigger guard. You can see it on their site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWwBmNWENK0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.versacarry.com/how-it-works

• Upvote 1

You want a Versacarry. A couple guys had them at the instructor course.

Vid doesn't show the trigger guard. You can see it on their site.

VersaCarry Concealment System - YouTube

http://www.versacarry.com/how-it-works

Oh dude. I've never seen those. That's perfect for what I want. Thanks man!

Anything for you Dollface. XoXo.

:D

I like it too. Not sure I'd carry a Glock in it. If I had anything with a safety id be OK with it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Gap banter. :cheers:

Edited by jagr

I'd be OK with DAO. The Versa has an ambi-trigger guard as well.

I have a 3# trigger in my beast. Which is why I love the Raven.

My CZ75 Compact is SA/DA but has a safety available when it is fully cocked. Thanks y'all for the heads up on the Versacarry. I've never been able to find a proper holster for the CZ but the versacarry looks perfect - just bought one.

My CZ75 Compact is SA/DA but has a safety available when it is fully cocked. Thanks y'all for the heads up on the Versacarry. I've never been able to find a proper holster for the CZ but the versacarry looks perfect - just bought one.

What is your definition of a proper holster please? I like that you find the versacarry to meet your needs but can you explain what your needs are that it meets. No wrong answer just curious to hear what a nontraditional holster offers that couldn't be found in the standards.

What is your definition of a proper holster please? I like that you find the versacarry to meet your needs but can you explain what your needs are that it meets. No wrong answer just curious to hear what a nontraditional holster offers that couldn't be found in the standards.

I don't know for him, but for me nothing seems to be made specifically for the CZ100.

I don't know for him, but for me nothing seems to be made specifically for the CZ100.

Fair enough but not finding something readily available shouldn't redefine your needs of a proper holster. I'm hoping for a better answer than that more like what your needs are and how it's being met by this product.

Fair enough but not finding something readily available shouldn't redefine your needs of a proper holster. I'm hoping for a better answer than that more like what your needs are and how it's being met by this product.

My needs are a holster that my gun fits in that isn't an Uncle Mike's generic thing that I have now. :lol:

My needs are a holster that my gun fits in that isn't an Uncle Mike's generic thing that I have now. :lol:

Really, that's an answer "Anything except and Uncle Mike's that fits my gun." I hope the new guy has set better standards for himself.

Were you planning to carry that gun when you bought it? Did you do any research on holsters before you bought it? Would you make the same decision now that you find your carry options limited?

I'm game. I would go for the Versa for the same reasons I like the Vanguard2.

It's minimal, no bulk and I feel it's secure and safe to carry chambered. It can be used on any of my 9mm Glocks.

Note: I would like to handle a Versa again with the trigger guard flap before making a firm decision with the Glock.

I do not like and have ZERO attraction to traditional leather holsters. I also have a few nylon holsters that have been barely used. I setteled on a Blackhawk Serpa due to its retention feature and it's housing around the trigger. I absolutely HATED the bulk of it. I almost cut that thing down half a dozen times but couldn't do it. I'm utilitarian, it's what I had so that's what I used. In my mind I didn't see anything much better. I saw more $$$ options but they weren't addressing what I wanted in a holster any more than the Blackhawk did.

I'm game.

Not a trick question I'm just curious as to peoples reasoning for choosing a nontraditional holster for carrying. Does this serve as EDC or a specific role?

I would go for the Versa for the same reasons I like the Vanguard2.

It's minimal, no bulk and I feel it's secure and safe to carry chambered. It can be used on any of my 9mm Glocks.

Note: I would like to handle a Versa again with the trigger guard flap before making a firm decision with the Glock.

I do not like and have ZERO attraction to traditional leather holsters. I also have a few nylon holsters that have been barely used. I setteled on a Blackhawk Serpa due to its retention feature and it's housing around the trigger. I absolutely HATED the bulk of it. I almost cut that thing down half a dozen times but couldn't do it. I'm utilitarian, it's what I had so that's what I used. In my mind I didn't see anything much better. I saw more $$$ options but they weren't addressing what I wanted in a holster any more than the Blackhawk did.

Not much similar between a versacarry and a retention holster yet you find both will work for you? Are you just buying something that is available? Don't you see anything custom you like but won't wait or pay the price? Are you still trying to find something not being offered by the holster market?

Please note I'm rambling on Cold Meds.

It's EDC.

I feel the IWB is secure due to it being IWB. The raven has a firm bite on the trigger guard. Im sure it was engineered to release at a certain amount of pull. A sharp pull. If you half ass pull youre only pulling up your pants. We tested the Versa on one of the class pistols. A SW 9mm. It had a bit of resistance from the plug in the barrel. If memory serves it was a bit less than the Raven. Is that retention as prescribed by say a LEO? No. But it's not going to come loose in a fall or I gotta move fast. In other words i feel IWB is more secure.

OWB is a different animal for me. When I carry that way I unconsciously touch it constantly.I feel at anytime it's gonna skitter across the floor at Target (npi).

Yes I am buying what is available. I don't feel a molded piece of leather or kydex is secure enough in either I/OWB. Price and time are usually not a factor for me. I am currently completely satisfied with the Vanguard2.

It should also be noted I had someone go for my duty pistol once. M9 in a flapped Bianchi. He was not successful.

Not a trick question I'm just curious as to peoples reasoning for choosing a nontraditional holster for carrying. Does this serve as EDC or a specific role?

*Disclaimer: I don't have a ccw yet so extended use hasn't been tested by me, these are just my thoughts/ramblings on what I have looked into while trying to find something that will fit my eventual edc needs*

I don't much like the traditional holsters I have played with. I have heard some (crossbreed etc.) are very comfy, but they also come with a bigger price tag and bulkier overall holster. I think some manufacturers use bigger holsters because it disperses the weight and pressure over a wider area and makes it feel like like less is there. I am a pretty skinny guy though, and almost anything of substance is going to print on me regardless, so I would prefer not to have a holder that wraps around one half of my waist to battle with as well. There is always the smaller cloth type ones, but retention is horrible and they look like the build quality is low. I do like the leather OWB thumb release, however I am with jagr in that I like IWB and would prefer it for edc and pretty much anything that doesn't involve me carrying for a job (how best to carry on a bike is yet to be determined, so I might prefer this style for that specific situation). You demo'd the Raven style to me at the IMS party and I was pretty impressed, enough so that I might try to design one for my sp2022 since there is not enough market there to have a production one. I like the idea of the Vanguard posted earlier (and fills the low production point of the Raven) but it seems like the steel retaining clip would accelerate wear on the slide even more so then traditional holsters mainly due to the steel (unless it was delerin or teflon coated). So at the end of all this, I am pretty much were I started; prefer IWB but haven't found something that meshes with my style of dress, comfort and size.