Cool Trailer/Auto LED Lighting

2talltim

Got this idea from a guy i work with that is replacing all the incondecent and florecent lights in his dads buebird RV with these. They are LED 12volt strips that come in 16ft. lengths, and you can cut them down to any length you want. once you cut them all you need to do i solder on new wire leads onto the cut ends and you are ready to wire them into any 12volt aplication you wish. Also they come with preapplied 3M double sided mounting tape, just peel and stick.

I put them in my enclosed trailer, i bought 2 rolls and it cost me $35 after a send a offer to the seller for 2 rolls. hereis the link to the ones i bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270915743429?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Now there are different lumen ratings and different number off pods per roll, so if you shop around be aware of this. The ones i bought were the ones my work freind recomended to me, so it took the guess work out.

I have four 6.5ft. strips mounted on cross members on the inside of my trailer and they are bright as hell, im thinking about installing a second switch to be able to turn a couple off when i dont need them. plua i had enough left over to put a 3ft one over my ramp door and 3ft strip over my side door. We put these on a power supply at work and a entire 16ft strip only draws less than 1amp of power(.87 was the reading we got).So bacilt i can leave my 2 rolls of lights that i have installed on for 2.5days strait before i drain my 105 amp hour battery(and i have 2 of those batterys)

Any who here are a few pics. of mine installed and ready to go, if you have any question just ask me.

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

When you guys do this the only part i can share that was a bit of a pain was soldering the wire leads on, i had to redo a couple of them because they came off, it is very small area to work with and i am a noob to soldering. I accually used speaker wire and electroinics silver solder. Plus make sure the area you are monting them to is clean and smooth, i used a scotch bright pad to scrub it down and drowned it with rubbing alcohol, plus i heated up the surface a bit with a heat gun because it was cold that day. and i wrapped zip ties to the very ends just so they would never try to peel off(kind of insurance)not really needed

Edited by 2talltim