bank of america anti-gun!

kawi kid

http://www.rmgo.org/gun-law-faqs/alcohol-marijuana-firearms-prohibitions

http://www.edgelawfirm.com/handguns.and.alcohol

As I said IT iS ILLEGAL to drink.and.carry a weapon... What misinformation is there? im not 100% sure on the bar rule, but.most people.go.to.bars to.drink, do.they not?

Edit- bar rule applies to Co. and a few other states so I wasnt completely wrong :) its illegal to go to any place in Co. that serves alcohol if you habe a handgun on you

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7870 this link confirms in ohio it is illegal to consume any alcohol while you carry.

Edited by Exarch

No. I'm saying you can carry into a bar. Your friend is an idiot.

I thought u meant everything i.said was wrong, only 1 piece of info I was wrong about(but I said THOUGHT, not it is)

And yes, my friend is a huge idiot, i.wish.I could get.him help, but he doesnt want it. :(

Well its more.than just that, he has ptsd, so.he isnt going to get better without talking to.a professional, which is.free for.him. He has been very reckless in every decision he has made.since.coming back.from.iraq. Hope he will wise up.b4 its too late, a cop or judge or death isnt gunna care he has ptsd, its his.own fault for.not.seeking.help. The case would be different if he was actively seeking help. He is still a great guy, just makes stupid stupid stupid.decisions all the time, wish he could go back to the way he was b4 though.

I thought it was illegal to bring a.gun into a bar in ohio unless its a bar/grill? I also thought it was illegal to carry if you have been drinking? Not saying ur drinking, as you just said EAT. Am I incorrect? I mean obviously if you dont flash it and no one is the wiser no one gives a fuck and its not a big deal, but I mean if someone notices a gun on someone that has been drinking and decides to call the cops cant they lose their cwc and/or the gun and get fined/jailed?

:nono: In Ohio, you can carry a concealed handgun (with permit of course) into a establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises, a class D liquor license, as long as you do not consume an alcoholic beverage. It can be a bar, bar/grill or restaurant, there is no difference. Now if the establishment posts a sign that states they don't want firearms on the premises, that trumps the law and it's illegal to carry even if you don't drink any alcohol.

Some people go to bars not to drink, such as designated drivers.

2923.121 Possession of firearm in beer liquor permit premises - prohibition, exceptions.

(A) No person shall possess a firearm in any room in which any person is consuming beer or intoxicating liquor in a premises for which a D permit has been issued under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code or in an open air arena for which a permit of that nature has been issued.

(B)(1) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) An officer, agent, or employee of this or any other state or the United States, or to a law enforcement officer, who is authorized to carry firearms and is acting within the scope of the officer’s, agent’s, or employee’s duties;

(b) Any person who is employed in this state, who is authorized to carry firearms, and who is subject to and in compliance with the requirements of section 109.801 of the Revised Code, unless the appointing authority of the person has expressly specified that the exemption provided in division (B)(1)(b) of this section does not apply to the person;

© Any room used for the accommodation of guests of a hotel, as defined in section 4301.01 of the Revised Code;

(d) The principal holder of a D permit issued for a premises or an open air arena under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code while in the premises or open air arena for which the permit was issued if the principal holder of the D permit also possesses a valid license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued to the principal holder under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued to the principal holder by another state with which the attorney general has entered into a reciprocity agreement under section 109.69 of the Revised Code and as long as the principal holder is not consuming beer or intoxicating liquor or under the influence of alcohol or a drug of abuse, or any agent or employee of that holder who also is a peace officer, as defined in section 2151.3515 of the Revised Code, who is off duty, and who otherwise is authorized to carry firearms while in the course of the officer’s official duties and while in the premises or open air arena for which the permit was issued and as long as the agent or employee of that holder is not consuming beer or intoxicating liquor or under the influence of alcohol or a drug of abuse.

(e) Any person who is carrying a valid license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued to the person under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued to the person by another state with which the attorney general has entered into a reciprocity agreement under section 109.69 of the Revised Code , as long as the person is not consuming beer or intoxicating liquor or under the influence of alcohol or a drug of abuse.

(2) This section does not prohibit any person who is a member of a veteran’s organization, as defined in section 2915.01 of the Revised Code, from possessing a rifle in any room in any premises owned, leased, or otherwise under the control of the veteran’s organization, if the rifle is not loaded with live ammunition and if the person otherwise is not prohibited by law from having the rifle.

(3) This section does not apply to any person possessing or displaying firearms in any room used to exhibit unloaded firearms for sale or trade in a soldiers’ memorial established pursuant to Chapter 345. of the Revised Code, in a convention center, or in any other public meeting place, if the person is an exhibitor, trader, purchaser, or seller of firearms and is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing, trading, purchasing, or selling the firearms.

© It is an affirmative defense to a charge under this section of illegal possession of a firearm in a liquor permit premises that involves the possession of a firearm other than a handgun, that the actor was not otherwise prohibited by law from having the firearm, and that any of the following apply:

(1) The firearm was carried or kept ready at hand by the actor for defensive purposes, while the actor was engaged in or was going to or from the actor’s lawful business or occupation, which business or occupation was of such character or was necessarily carried on in such manner or at such a time or place as to render the actor particularly susceptible to criminal attack, such as would justify a prudent person in going armed.

(2) The firearm was carried or kept ready at hand by the actor for defensive purposes, while the actor was engaged in a lawful activity, and had reasonable cause to fear a criminal attack upon the actor or a member of the actor’s family, or upon the actor’s home, such as would justify a prudent person in going armed.

(D) No person who is charged with a violation of this section shall be required to obtain a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code as a condition for the dismissal of the charge.

(E) Whoever violates this section is guilty of illegal possession of a firearm in a liquor permit premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, illegal possession of a firearm in a liquor permit premises is a felony of the fifth degree. If the offender commits the violation of this section by knowingly carrying or having the firearm concealed on the offender’s person or concealed ready at hand, illegal possession of a firearm in a liquor permit premises is a felony of the third degree.

(F) As used in this section, “beer” and “intoxicating liquor” have the same meanings as in section 4301.01 of the Revised Code.

Amended by 129th General Assembly File No. 34, SB 17, § 1, eff. 9/30/2011.

Effective Date: 04-08-2004; 03-14-2007; 2008 SB184 09-09-2008

yep...im the OR DD...ill tag along and drive / hold everyones guns, then i can sit back and watch you shitfaced assholes get almost beat up in bubby bars and lick nasty grandma titties (marlboro man)!

You're a GILF fucker :puke:

j/k: :D

:nono: In Ohio, you can carry a concealed handgun (with permit of course) into a establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises, a class D liquor license, as long as you do not consume an alcoholic beverage. It can be a bar, bar/grill or restaurant, there is no difference. Now if the establishment posts a sign that states they don't want firearms on the premises, that trumps the law and it's illegal to carry even if you don't drink any alcohol.

Some people go to bars not to drink, such as designated drivers.

Ya ,.forgot to.edit.my second post after I edited the pervious post :) i.saw.that, every.state has diff.gun laws and I dont.bother keepin up with any, I just knew in some states it was illegal(5 I beleive) but ya unless your going to a bar as a dd or.a bar/grill just to.eat best to leave it at home(not in.the car cuz of.the transport law) for those that cant control themselves.

Ya ,.forgot to.edit.my second post after I edited the pervious post :) i.saw.that, every.state has diff.gun laws and I dont.bother keepin up with any, I just knew in some states it was illegal(5 I beleive) but ya unless your going to a bar as a dd or.a bar/grill just to.eat best to leave it at home(not in.the car cuz of.the transport law) for those that cant control themselves.

Transport law?

Transport law?

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8003

The first link.should clear it up. Basically not only is it illegal to possess a fire arm in ohio while drinking(even if its only a sip) its illegal to transport the weapon.

its also illegal if you are the driver, but not illegal if your the passenger and certain precautions are not taken in most states. But ohio law covers other states ccw drinking laws with their normal transport laws regardless.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8003

The first link.should clear it up. Basically not only is it illegal to possess a fire arm in ohio while drinking(even if its only a sip) its illegal to transport the weapon.

its also illegal if you are the driver, but not illegal if your the passenger and certain precautions are not taken in most states. But ohio law covers other states ccw drinking laws with their normal transport laws regardless.

Nm

What they did is stupid and shitty. However if they did this same exact thing to an anti gun organization I would feel the same exact way about it. A bank wanting to end a business relationship because of a political stance is stupid no matter what issue it is and how they feel about it.

What they did is stupid and shitty. However if they did this same exact thing to an anti gun organization I would feel the same exact way about it. A bank wanting to end a business relationship because of a political stance is stupid no matter what issue it is and how they feel about it.

It's not stupid, its their right. If that's how they want to do business so be it don't do business with them. You have that right for now.

It's not stupid, its their right. If that's how they want to do business so be it don't do business with them. You have that right for now.

Wrong. Firing customers based on principal when their business is not only lawful but necessary is stupid.

Firing an American defense supplier for political reasons when your company has been propped up by American tax payer TARP money is full on fucking dumb beyond belief.

Edited by kiggy74

Wrong. Firing customers based on principal when their business is not only lawful but necessary is stupid.

Firing an American defense supplier for political reasons when your company has been propped up by American tax payer TARP money is full on fucking dumb beyond belief.

Wrong! It's their choice, its their business if they want to run it that way so be it its legal. Just like you can choose to do business elsewhere. Businesses in Ohio are allowed to post anti gun signs, while I don't like it that doesn't stupid. It's their choice, and I have the choice to spend my money elsewhere. I do try to educate said businesses.

If its stupid them its also stupid for you not to do business with them based on your principals. Double edge sword. Oh and life is a bitch get ov

er it!

Wrong! It's their choice, its their business if they want to run it that way so be it its legal. Just like you can choose to do business elsewhere. Businesses in Ohio are allowed to post anti gun signs, while I don't like it that doesn't stupid. It's their choice, and I have the choice to spend my money elsewhere. I do try to educate said businesses.

If its stupid them its also stupid for you not to do business with them based on your principals. Double edge sword. Oh and life is a bitch get ov

er it!

I'm not arguing your assertion that it was their choice. It was obviously their choice.

What I'm arguing is your assertion that their choice wasn't stupid.... it was stupid for a whole bunch of reasons. And I don't/won't do business for them for these very reasons.

Even worse, I'm one of the most bitter, jaded, tell everyone I know, pissed off customers you can ever fear to have. Not only will I not do business with you, I will make sure everyone I know learns about your stupid decision so that they won't do business with you either. ;)

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.