TV took a shit! Who wants it?

max power

I have a 2004 Samsung 27" flatscreen widescreen 1080i CRT TV that isnt turning on and is making a high-pitched squeal when off.

Quick internet research points to a bad color wheel, but I'm not sure what is wrong with it. Had a great picture and worked fine before it decided to poop.

Free to a good or bad home for parts, repair or death squad target. Will not deliver (unless I'm coming to your place to shoot it) or hold for long.

IMG_0502.jpg

B4 u get rid of it did u make sure to clean out the dust and check the circuit.breaker? Could just be a over heating issue, when they.over heat the circut pops and you just have.to switch it back on :) idk if thats ur problem, but its a 2min job and worth looking into. If it turns out to be a poped breaker flip the switch and get a can of compressed air and blow.it out, vacume workw too, so does paper towls or just anything to remove the dust(which causes the over heating.issue)

Not sure if ur tv has a circut breaker, I know the newer ones do.

Edited by Exarch

I have a 54 samsung 1080i that needs the convergence fixed on it if anyone wants it.

It's supposedly $80 for parts. but $350 for someone to align it. :rolleyes:

no more samsungs for me. that make 3 samsung products that quit working way too soon for me

Too bad you dont live.near.dayton otherwise ide take it. My dad used to be a.tv repair.man back in the day. Ide just have him.do the work.

I don't think its an overheating issue. It has a high pitch whine (like a dog whistle) when its not even on. When you press the on button, it doesn't turn on, but it tries.

That's exactly what mine was doing. The screen would be black and when it was turning off it whistled.

I don't think its an overheating issue. It has a high pitch whine (like a dog whistle) when its not even on. When you press the on button, it doesn't turn on, but it tries.

could be the color wheel as.granda suggested, or it could.be a main board eve(had to have my main board replaced, tv would turn on, but no picture or sound, but I didnt get the noise)

Didnt.realize.you meant the tv stays on, cuz if it shut off automatically it would of been a over heating issue most likely(which can cause that sound aswell). And if.the tv.didnt.turn on could of been the breaker. But there is so.much crap that could go wrong on a tv its hard to pinpoint the exact problem every tike(took the repair guy 3 tries to figure out one of my mainboards were bad)

could be the color wheel as.granda suggested, or it could.be a main board eve(had to have my main board replaced, tv would turn on, but no picture or sound, but I didnt get the noise)

Didnt.realize.you meant the tv stays on, cuz if it shut off automatically it would of been a over heating issue most likely(which can cause that sound aswell). And if.the tv.didnt.turn on could of been the breaker. But there is so.much crap that could go wrong on a tv its hard to pinpoint the exact problem every tike(took the repair guy 3 tries to figure out one of my mainboards were bad)

Reading your posts gives me a headache. Do you know what a period is and how to use it? Sorry. I'm not normally a grammar nazi, but good lord man your posts are killing me.

Reading your posts gives me a headache. Do you know what a period is and how to use it? Sorry. I'm not normally a grammar nazi, but good lord man your posts are killing me.

Touch screen phone, the period and the space are close + I have small hands and this.is a huge screen so its difficult to.reach the spacebar without discomfort in my thumb(tendonitis in my right thumb) I can only reach the very edge of the space bar easily, so in turn I hit the ........ Alot and it.takes too much time to correct every lil error I make, although.i try to.correct most.of em except.the periods :dunno:

Touch screen phone, the period and the space are close + I have small hands and this.is a huge screen so its difficult to.reach the spacebar without discomfort in my thumb(tendonitis in my right thumb) I can only reach the very edge of the space bar easily, so in turn I hit the ........ Alot and it.takes too much time to correct every lil error I make, although.i try to.correct most.of em except.the periods :dunno:

That's not all she said was small! :lol:

He uses periods. He. just. puts. them. in the wrong. spots.

I didn't think CRT tube type tv's had a color wheel. Sounds like a bad power supply.

Yeah I wasn't sure about that either. I have a DLP. What he described was my issue. That said laziness and general not caring has, and will, prevent me from researching it. Lol