street plastics to track then back..

bchristy07

I just had a friend paint my plastics for my 05 cbr and being that I'm signed up for mid-o in a few weeks--i'm paranoid that shit can happen and all that work will go to waste. Have many of you rode the street and had a set of race plastics to throw on for the weekend? As much as I would love to get a dedicated track bike, It's just not on the budget for this year.. I think overall it would be worth just taking the time to pull everything off and be safe than sorry if I do have a get off at the track. Thought I would get your guys' input before i order a set.

get track plastics and dzus fasteners. in the 4 bikes I've owned the CBR was the easiest to tear down and put back together

Orrrrr sell the factory plastics and mod the track so you can add a removable FE and cut a hole for just 1 headlight

get track plastics and dzus fasteners. in the 4 bikes I've owned the CBR was the easiest to tear down and put back together

Orrrrr sell the factory plastics and mod the track so you can add a removable FE and cut a hole for just 1 headlight

For as much as my plastics on my '03 were trashed, it really wasn't the hardest thing in the world to strip the fairings off of it. If you picked up some ez fasteners like the dzus and put them in strategic locations, it would be even easier.

Check out 600rr.net, the sponsors there always run specials on Chinese fairings, you can get a decent deal and not have to worry about sliding your streets.

That's exactly what I've been doing for the past two years. I can swap plastics and wheels in about an hour so its not horrible but I am close to just turning the R1 into a dedicated track bike

I just had a friend paint my plastics for my 05 cbr and being that I'm signed up for mid-o in a few weeks--i'm paranoid that shit can happen and all that work will go to waste. Have many of you rode the street and had a set of race plastics to throw on for the weekend? As much as I would love to get a dedicated track bike, It's just not on the budget for this year.. I think overall it would be worth just taking the time to pull everything off and be safe than sorry if I do have a get off at the track. Thought I would get your guys' input before i order a set.