Cop took my gun during traffic stop

wicked94s10

Not enough time for a full reply, but a gun can jam at any time, not just while cocking it. not sure if it was you, but I already stated about the gun law thing with the links.

Wish i.had more time, but just taking a quick smoke.break.

i agree, but his video demonstrated carrying without one in the chamber, and his response to me was in disagreement when i mentioned that its beneficial to carry with one in the chamber ...so i guess im not sure where he is coming from

Sometimes the slide catch doesn't stay back on an empty mag, or you get a dud round or stove pipe. Now you have to figure out how to rack it one handed. I don't think the video was so much showing how to carry w/o one in the tube but just how to rack one handed.

I carry with one in the chamber as well, its a malfunction injury drill.

ok...i guess this is where you lost me....you chose my response to the other guy about carrying chambered to post your reply about being able to do it one handed....i guess i wasnt sure where you were coming from...then you posted a video about condition 3 carry

i agree its a good skill to have, and im not afraid to scratch up my EDC either (it has plenty on it, believe me), i just dont see myself needing it in a civilian situation....if i was LEO i would spend more time learning stuff, but im not so i dont....i think its great that you do, and im not arguing with the usefulness, my replies were based on your reply to me...guess we got wires crossed, no worries

Sometimes the slide catch doesn't stay back on an empty mag, or you get a dud round or stove pipe. Now you have to figure out how to rack it one handed. I don't think the video was so much showing how to carry w/o one in the tube but just how to rack one handed.

i dont HAVE to figure anything out....i dont carry a gun because guns are bad and kill people

i dont HAVE to figure anything out....i dont carry a gun because guns are bad and kill people

lol :rolleyes:

I actually opened the vid in youtube and the description was:

I do not carry in Condition 3 (full magazine, empty chamber). I carry Condition 1 (full magazine, round in chamber). This is just for all the people under the delusion that people who do not carry with "one in the pipe" cannot draw, rack, and fire a handgun with one hand. The method used to rack the slide is one commonly taught for one-handed tap-rack-bang drills...catch the rear sight on the belt and push down...very easy and quick.

No worries. I do what I do nobody has to follow my lead. I like training , knowledge, and new skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuWtAAJG8X4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Better video above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0hBGWyizEY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Another good drill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LksBJbjGP3A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is fun too

Maybe on my vacation week I shall hit the range heavy. I don't do these drills enough.

Edited by crb

lol :rolleyes:

I actually opened the vid in youtube and the description was:

i didnt read the description, i just clicked the embeded video

and i never said it wasnt possible, i said its not ideal

i only mentioned that having one in the chamber saved that guy in dayton - and in his situation, it did....he wasnt drawing from his waist, he was drawing from the console in his car and had someone pulling him out by his legs...grabbing and racking off his belt really wasnt a great option

Edited by Steve Butters

I would have just kept going if it was a park ranger. They are ass holes who think they are cops but don't have any actual authority other than they can call the real cops on you.

They ARE cops! Don't you guys remember that time in hocking hills where they pulled over 15 of us? My group waited for him to come back from chasing the group that nailed it. He was surprised we waited & just gave us the lecture but he could have ticketed some of us. I was enjoying the scenery and being a slow poke and the guy pulled out in front of me chasing most of the pack... I have pictures of that somewhere... I should post them up...

Its legal to do in Ohio. The officer must return the firearm in the same condition it was taken from you. Iirc Cleveland was taking them, field stripping and returning a bag of pieces. Courts put a stop to that.

I've never seen it happen but have heard of it happening.

Yes, the officer can disarm you during a traffic stop. He/She must return your piece in the same condition in which it was taken.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/files/Publications/Publications-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-Publications/2009-Concealed-Carry-Laws-Booklet.aspx

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/getattachment/02ff1ca7-b17e-46e2-9f1f-505beac65926/Concealed-Carry-Laws-Booklet.aspx

Page 14

Are you replying to me or just quoting me to post the links?

Tell a cop that! I expect they'll laugh. Rangers have the authority to ticket, but I don't believe they have near the depth of training as full blown police officers.

And unless I'm mistaken, their jurisdiction to ticket is limited to park lands

I think this is true..

I didnt say anything bout an unloaded gun, I said something about an unchamberd round... Takes less than a second to cock most weapons.

Have you ever been in a gunfight/firefight? Were a split second could mean life or death? Hell I walked around for 2 years in Iraq with a round in the chamber on my m203 and m9 with no problem at all. My sigma has had a round in the chamber since the day I bought it.

Good God this was a long fucking thread, and I definitely didn't read every post, but I read enough to say: A: exarch, shut the Fuck up. Not just here, but in all forums. You have posted about a years worth of senseless bullshit in a months time, so goo ahead and take eleven off. B: as a chl holder I've been pulled over several times in the past three years, sometimes while carrying, sometimes without. During one traffic stop in Akron, I could tell by the amount of time the cop spent in his car before approaching me that he hadn't ran my license plate and had no clue I was carrying. I informed him add soon as I could that I had a license to carry and had a .38 on my right hip. He thanked me for the info, told me to leave the gun where it was and give him my id. He clocked me at 72 in a 35, wrote me a ticket for 50, thanked me for notifying him that I was carrying and apologized that he couldn't let me go Scott free.

Of the 5 other times I've been pulled over since I got my chl, I have notified the officer regardless of whether or not I had my side arm on me and have been let go inn the most polite manner with a warning. Keep in mind I'm a heavily tattooed, 215 lb male with a shaved head and goatee, not exactly what a cop would categorize as harmless or law abiding. I just treat the chips with courtesy and respect and so far they treat me in turn.