Finally got my bike

daft_soul

Some of you may remember me making a post awhile back saying I would be getting a bike soon. Well..."soon" turned out to be alot longer than I expected. I originally had my heart set on a CBR F3. I still like me some sportbikes but I was looking at pictures online one day of different bikes and the old school bobber style really caught my eye. Plus I think its different that a younger person my age would get something like this instead of sportbike...especially around dayton. Without further delay...

1976 CB 750 Supersport

Less than 25,000 miles

Thats about it yall. No major issues except the throttle sticks every once ina while. I don't really know exactly what that would be but I'm guessing either fuel system/carbs.

Also...I'd like to find some short term field armor type gear (vests, armored shirts) in the dayton area until I'm able to afford a leather jacket. I refuse to get on the highway or any busy roads until then. Any riding buddies out there link up with me. peAce peAce!

472912_432259820136093_100000562351420_1504678_1281219700_o.jpg

467773_432427293452679_100000562351420_1505115_90360849_o.jpg

Congrats! I've got a shift textile jacket(black and white) you can have if you want. It's a size small, so if that would work for you, just let me know. Not everyone is as skinny as me haha

Edited by Saacattack

Throttle sticking is def not carbs, Honda put a monster spring in the throttle rack. I would check the adjustment on your ” push” cable first, if it even has one. Your best bet is to just replace both cables...or it could be the upside down handle bars causing the cables to bind. Either way enjoy, those old 750 f's were good bikes. Message me with any tech issues you may have, I know those bikes inside and out.

Nice vintage bike - you will talk to a lot of people you never expected to with an older bike like that - listen they will give you knowledge you can't pay for even if you want to. Ride safe!!

b4ssr

Thanks for the comments guys. I said fuck it and drove a cage out to competition accessories for my first time today and bought a black joe rocket phoenix 5.0...pretty happy with it so far. I'll try what was said about the cables...just another thing to add to the list to fix.