what boots to get?

Gixxus Christ!

I'm in the market for a new set of boots. I really wanted a pair of axo strikers but can't find a pair in my size and price range. Been eyeballing icon field armor and a couple different boots by Vega and alpine stars. Don't want a full race boot, need something that's cool enough for summer, offers good protection and doesn't look too goofy. So who wears what? I'm trying to keep the price under $150.

I have Thor 50/50 boots and love them. Looks pretty inconspicuous when wearing them in public and cover the ankle yet do not go half way up your leg like a lot of boots. I should also note that I low sided in them during my MSF course(early morning dew + freshly paved parking lot) and the bike landed on my foot, all that happened was one of the red buckles got scratched. You can find them for about $90 shipped.

http://www.motorcycleapparel.net/product/PU34100222-ATT.html

I'm in the market for a new set of boots. I really wanted a pair of axo strikers but can't find a pair in my size and price range. Been eyeballing icon field armor and a couple different boots by Vega and alpine stars. Don't want a full race boot, need something that's cool enough for summer, offers good protection and doesn't look too goofy. So who wears what? I'm trying to keep the price under $150.

I have the icon field armor chukkas and I like em alot. My bro has had his for 6 years and they are still in great shape, even after 1 laydowm and 1 pretty horrific wreck.

i would never buy a pair of $500 boots, or online but... these are pretty awesome. always liked them.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/17316/ITEM/Sidi-Vortice-Air-Boots.aspx

How much are your ankles/feet worth to you? One bad crash with cheap boots and a few surgeries later, $500 would be nothing compared to what you would spend.

You "must" try on allot of boots, big difference even with the same manufacturer

models. Would be well worth your trip to come down to the Iron Pony......few if anyone are gonna have their selection.

How much are your ankles/feet worth to you? One bad crash with cheap boots and a few surgeries later, $500 would be nothing compared to what you would spend.

thats a good point. cant argue that

• 2 weeks later...

I have both kinds of the Icon Field Armor boots. The low cut and high cut. Got them at motorcycle-superstore.com last season. Love them. They are worth the money.

They should have them at IronPony, as well as, other brands so you should be able find a pair that fit they way you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice choice, I've had mine for over a season and like them quite a bit. Like shadyone said, they look good on and off the bike - takes a bit to break them in, but not bad for the price and seem to be tough as nails