House Roofing/Contractor help!

SJC1000rr

I thought I would turn to the folks here about looking for a roofing person/company/contractor. I recently notice a small stain in my ceiling and went to check it out. After some investigating with my dad, we found what appeared to be (4) bullet holes in my roof within a 2 foot area (wtg new years in groveport)... We made a patch job with roofing cement and shingles that stopped the leak....but thats not the major problem. The plywood underneath is almost paper soft, and the 2x4 A-Frame is blackened along with the edge framimg and will all need reinforced. The roof is on the back end of its life span anyways....so I might as well just replace it all in one go.

With that said, does anyone have experiance with or suggestions anyone? Looking to get a few quotes and see what its all going to cost me.

Thanks!

Yikes. I would just get 3 or 4 estimates an go with the contractor you like best. I had entertained thoughts of having a few friends help me do my own roof (we all have varying levels of roofing experience) but at the end of the day, I was only going to save like $1000 and they were insured, give a year warranty, etc .

Cost me $4500 I think.

Actually, it was more, but only because I had a 2 layer tear off.

SJC, you shoulnd't have a 2 layer tear off, being that your place was built around the same time as mine.

Also dude, you might want to talk to Grapesmuggler about an AC tune up. Did mine yesterday and found a few things. Also taught me a few things to help maintain and ensure my AC unit lasts longer. Some things I never did/knew, but will definitely prolong life and save some $$ on electricity.

I had my shingles replaced with Allied, I was happy with their service. I started calling around after the 2007 ZOMGWTFBBQ windstorm that blew off about 15 shingles and some whole panels. Guy came out (I think it was either the owner or someone fairly high up), actually got on a ladder, walked around the roof, and did a thorough inspection before we even talked about what needed to be done. I ended up opting for the vents on the roof apex, all in all I think it was well done. I ended up calling them out for warranty work (or what I thought was warranty work) when I had a leak above my garage (ended up being from the window vs. the roof), the guy came out for free, did some poking around and said it wasn't a roof problem but he did see some nitpicky stuff that the installers didn't do and had it all fixed that next day.

Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, engage Able Roofing. Even for a quote. My house is literally across the street from their office, and this dude shows up in my driveway 45 minutes late in a Ford Taurus with not even so much as a stepladder. I'm on the porch getting ready to be late for work, and this dude glances at the roof by the time he closes his car door and comes to talk to me, while giving me a "did I do that?" face for being that egregiously late. In that glance he immediately thinks that I need a roof replacement. I told him to fuck off and get out of my driveway so I can be on my way. I've heard of other horror stories from my block, Able did a couple of roofs that year.

Sounds like a insurance claim to me. I had a whole house done, 2 layer tear off and new siding and gutters with window wrapped for my $500.00 deductible. This was from a hail storm a several years back.

With that said, does anyone have experiance with or suggestions anyone? Looking to get a few quotes and see what its all going to cost me.

Thanks!

I have a really good friend whose company does an excellent job that might be interested. I'll PM you with contact info.