New VFR guy

Jester_

Hi, im from north east Ohio in the village of New Waterford. This is my second year riding and I got my vfr so I could commute to Pittsburgh and back. I only rode about 6000 miles last year though but am looking to ride more this year. I ride down 164, 646,170 and 9 alot throughout the year.

P1000802.jpg

And my other toy.

IMG_0458.jpg

Thanks everyone, I look forward to meeting some of you guys. I usually dont ride real fast in a straight line, maybe 10 over, but then I just dont slow down for the bends. I have drug each peg a few times so I guess that is fast enough.

The stealth viffer. :D

Hhhmm...GTO...with lots of plumbing and huge cooler in front...I'm going to guess it's boosted by turbo(s).

Oh, Welcome!

Singular, one 78mm turbo with a 4l80 behind it. Hoping for a 9 this year with the stock bottom end.

Hi, im from north east Ohio in the village of New Waterford. This is my second year riding and I got my vfr so I could commute to Pittsburgh and back. I only rode about 6000 miles last year though but am looking to ride more this year. I ride down 164, 646,170 and 9 alot throughout the year.

P1000802.jpg

And my other toy.

IMG_0458.jpg

Oh my brother, same kinda bike, same kinda routes :) we need to meet up. We usually ride these areas. But moderate pace if thats okay with you

ninjadoc in 3......2......1.....

Welcome ;)

hahahah :D

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

Singular, one 78mm turbo with a 4l80 behind it. Hoping for a 9 this year with the stock bottom end.

Plenty big enough turbo. I wish I could have upgraded to a 4L80E in my TBSS when I had to replace the trans but I sucked it up and put in a very well built 4L70E with enough stuff to hold more power than I could put to it. Hope that bottom end holds up for ya. :D

Oh my brother, same kinda bike, same kinda routes :) we need to meet up. We usually ride these areas. But moderate pace if thats okay with you

Sounds good to me, I either ride with some of my friends that ride to fast for my comfort or with my dad who at times is a bit slow, he rides a bmw. Anything done to your VFR? I have a 2 brothers that I took the baffles out of, the VFR snorkel removel and that flapper removal along with a k&n drop in.

did you come to know about ohio riders through vfr forums video by any chance?

Actually my birthday is May 5th and last year at this time I just started riding and had my permit. For my birthday I wanted to plan out a route for me and my dad to spend the day on so I started to google good roads in ohio and came across this site. I read off and on but never posted.

My parents live in new Waterford. My in laws live in Palestine. Small world.

Is a small world, where do they live in New Waterford? We live in the development in dogwood circle.

Edited by Jester_

Plenty big enough turbo. I wish I could have upgraded to a 4L80E in my TBSS when I had to replace the trans but I sucked it up and put in a very well built 4L70E with enough stuff to hold more power than I could put to it. Hope that bottom end holds up for ya. :D

The 78 actually makes me illegal for alot of classes in NMCA as the largest turbo they allow is a 76mm.

I know the TBSS was notorious for eating up transmissions good to see you got that resolved. I hope the bottom end holds together, if not il buy a LQ9 or LQ4 out of a truck or camper or something and build that.

ninjadoc in 3......2......1.....

Capitol Win !!

Welcome ;)

First it was attack of the 250 Ninjas now Viffers on parade. You don't happen to have a Go Pro camera? Be careful of pickup trucks on 170. They don't like VFRs. Welcome to the show.