MotoSeries 5/19 and 5/20 (2012) - roll call

redkow97

Wow, This is so hard to keep up with. Everyone calls things differently. It's quite frustrating actually. I'm not going to be racing. I though that Todd said I was going to be in the Race School this weekend but maybe i'm confused. I'll sort all of this shit out in person at the track.

Actually, we aren't calling it anything different :)

Race School is for those that are about to race, or possibly even racing the day after. It's for those who have experienced track time and spent a lot of time working on parts of track riding that take time to learn.

Track Days/Classroom time is just that. It's practicing either on an open track or it's having an instructor work with you and then classroom time.

Either way, there are several guys on here that instruct so I am sure you will be with one of them for a Novice track day which includes coaching/instructiing, and then classroom time too.

Looking forwrad to seeing you there!

Actually, we aren't calling it anything different :)

Race School is for those that are about to race, or possibly even racing the day after. It's for those who have experienced track time and spent a lot of time working on parts of track riding that take time to learn.

Track Days/Classroom time is just that. It's practicing either on an open track or it's having an instructor work with you and then classroom time.

Either way, there are several guys on here that instruct so I am sure you will be with one of them for a Novice track day which includes coaching/instructiing, and then classroom time too.

Looking forwrad to seeing you there!

So classroom/trackday is NOT race school?

So classroom/trackday is NOT race school?

You got it.

Classroom/trackday is Novice or essentially beginning the process.

Race School is to take once you've done Novice, Intermediate(some), heck even advanced if you choose to. It gives you a racing license IF you pass.

Yes, normal track days are run by groups. Novice, which is classroom led instruction between on track time...then there's Intermediate and Advanced groups. You spend 20 min. of each hour on the track regardless of what group you are in.

Race School is completely different but is run during the same 20 min. sessions and that the Intermediate group runs.

They are different and it sounds like you'll be in Novice with other's like yourself that are new to track day riding.

If you need help, we can help with the women for ya. :D

Actually Craig can't he doesn't like females, so ask someone who is truly smooth like myself, or R1Crusher below.

We are as smooth as it gets.

But for real man, you're going to get hooked, Im warning you now! Then the stress leading up to it with the bike, work, etc. will all be worth it!

And with that, I'm about to head out of work and on my way to Mansfield to check the parents house and Nelson to set up.

hahahaha, I will bring you fellas some women after I get into actual racing. If you would have been around in my motocross days, You would still be walking around with a hard on. I wont be off work till 3, Run a few errands then i'll be on my way up. Setting a tent up in the dark should be fun!

hahahaha, I will bring you fellas some women after I get into actual racing. If you would have been around in my motocross days, You would still be walking around with a hard on. I wont be off work till 3, Run a few errands then i'll be on my way up. Setting a tent up in the dark should be fun!

Tent??? Just crawl in the trailer with blue or Madcat they love surprise buttsecks.

picture-9.jpg

Don't feel overwhelmed about the terminology or anything else, Josh. It's all new to you, and everything will make sense tomorrow.

Track days have really changed the way club racing works. It used to be exactly as you were understanding it. People with zero track experience would do the race school on Saturday, and could race on Sunday.

Track days just didn't exist back then. But now that they do, a lot of people hold off on actually racing for months, years, or forever.

The riding is all basically the same whether you're doing a track day or a race, but the major differences are:

Track day = no race start. You're released onto the track spread-out to eliminate traffic, and can pit in or pit out as you please. In a race (obviously) we're all waiting on the green flag to fall, and then fighting for elbow room in turn 1.

Racing also uses some flags you may not see in a track day environment.

Racing has (virtually) no passing rules. Track days definitely do, to maintain a safer environment for all involved. This will all be covered in the riders' meeting, so don't sweat it now.

And races are actually a lot less riding than track days. If I register for 2 races, that costs more than a full track day, and I get 2 practice sessions, and 2 races. So 4 total "sessions," where I'd get 7 sessions at a track day for less money.

Both are fun, and while the riding is similar, racing and track days are completely different animals. (like going for a jog, versus a mile run at a track meet)

You're going to have a blast. I'm trying to get there before dark tonight and pit with all these jokers. Stop by an introduce yourself, and just soak it all in. Don't over-think, and don't ride over your head, and you'll go home with a shit-eating grin that will last for days.