What a difference a tune makes!

JStump

I just tuned my bike with TuneECU and holy shit is it a world of difference! My bike has always had trouble under 6000 rpm, it just felt like there was no power and it made it difficult to make tight turns and cruise at 35-40mph without screaming through town at 6 grand. Well after the tune it is like a new bike. I don't need to put the hammer down just to take off from a stop and it likes to rev way quicker now. Maybe I will even get improved bass milage.

The ECU had such an old tune on it that the program could not even read it to back it up. I went in blind hoping the new tune upload would not fail, but all is good and it only cost $15 for the cable. Anyone with a Triumph, KTM or Aprilia should look into it. http://www.tuneecu.com/

Was so happy with the tune that I decided to get pulled over not even 10 minutes later :D The officer had to ride himself though because we were bull shitting about bikes before he took my info, ended up with a warning. :cool:

Edited by JStump

TuneECU is a godsend. It's a Speedo Healer, Power Commander, error code reader, throttle body adjuster, and subsystem tester (exup, cooling fan, etc) all in one. For 10$ you can do everything you'd normally need 500$+ for on bikes with more simple electronics :D

I think it's standard practice for bike speedos to be off by 10%. Once I get my GPS mount in the mail I'm fixing mine as well.

I need to get one of these mounts, I had my gps in my pocket and just pulled it out while cruising at 70 to see what my speed was. Gonna take some fine tuning to get the speed corrected though. Also found out my speed sensor is bad and throwing a code. I knew something was up because sometimes my speedo just sits at zero and I have to flip the kill switch off and on to get it to work. Works fine though once I do that other than being off by a few mph.

Might change the temp my fan comes on too, stock is set at 220* but thats quite hot when cruising around town. 200* sounds better to me.

Edited by JStump

just get a 12o clock labs speedo healer and use the calculator on his website (at least thats where I think I used the one). I did that for my 05 600rr and speedo and gps were then almost dead on

oh and I might have a RAM stem mount laying around in the tool box I could part with, I'll have to check

Going from a 43T sprocket to a 45T in the rear of my Speed Triple -7.5 puts it close to spot on.

Not sure how this helps you in any way, but I did get my info from triumphrat.net, just ask someone on there.