Beaver track weekend

600juice

Dude are you using Exarch's keyboard too?

I would suggest reading the thread about track days and the threads. Also if the events are all handled differently but I would suggest reading their structure and policies on their websites as well.

You don't really just show up and ride anywhere. Bike's have ot be prepped, you need leathers, etc. You don't just show up and ride.

Just want to make sur eyou know what you are getting yourself into etc.

Who's Todd and where can I find him? Also, to run bovine this weekend, I just sign up at the track and I can ride, right? No classes or anything?

definitely get a hold of todd asap to make arrangements. without knowing your track experience, knowledge of beaver/PIRC, riding/racing experience, we couldn't tell you much.

i'll bring my spare set of leathers just in case. it's a size 42US (52 euro). i'm not sure it'll fit you (sounds like it'll be a bit short), but if you can't find anything, it might work. todd should have something that will fit you though.

good luck, and hope we see you there.

ok, i just saw your post in the beaver thread.

since this if your first time on track, you need to sign up for novice and go through classes until somebody can see how your riding is, and if intermediate isn't too crowded, you can get bumped up if the control rider believes that you would be a good fit and have the necessary set of skills to get bumped.

as for skipping classes, though i highly recommend against it (especially since this is your first time on track), you can talk to todd about it and see what he says. if you ride in novice, at least for the first session, you'll ride with a group and then there will be some re-arranging to allow similarly paced riders to ride together. it is very unlikely that you wont be able to find a group suited for your pace.

post up or PM any of us if you have more questions.

before we get ahead of ourselves here, does the OP have all the other necessary gear?

over the ankle boots

"gauntlet" gloves

a full-face DOT approved helmet in excellent condition

And I'd suggest getting in the right frame of mind/attitude... Avoiding or skipping classroom sessions isn't the approach to take.

The track is a VERY humbling experience your first time out. After 4 years of track riding, I'm finally almost as good as I thought I would be that first day!

When I posted that I didn't mean to sound like I wanted to skip classes.. I will start in novice like everyone else. I've spoke to Todd and have everything ready to go. I post from my phone so I can't view the drop down menu to see what the exact steps are. I have everything taken care of and have a pretty decent understanding of how/what I need to do. Thanks guys!

When I posted that I didn't mean to sound like I wanted to skip classes.. I will start in novice like everyone else. I've spoke to Todd and have everything ready to go. I post from my phone so I can't view the drop down menu to see what the exact steps are. I have everything taken care of and have a pretty decent understanding of how/what I need to do. Thanks guys!

Looking forward to you coming out and having a good time! Don't be shy about asking for help.