QSL BN Polaris: First time in at least 6 years...ugh!

ninjagirl219

if anyone has problems with cpd up this way, i have a pretty good relationship with one of the sergeants for zone 1 (polaris included) and might be able to ask him about it or let him know some of his officers are being aggressive and harassing.

Ohio revised code only specifies that your plate must be onthe back of your bike, in plain sight and illuminated at night. Tell the officer you want to speak with his watch captain next time. He has to give you contact info, from there you can speak directly to the guy who can tell this prick to mind his own business. I am not anti cop btw, just hate to hear about this type of bullshit. Cops depend upon you not knowing your rights and assuming that they know the letter of the law. This is not the case most off the time. Look up motorcycle related laws in the Ohio revised code, print them out and keep them in your leather.

Ohio revised code only specifies that your plate must be onthe back of your bike, in plain sight and illuminated at night. Tell the officer you want to speak with his watch captain next time. He has to give you contact info, from there you can speak directly to the guy who can tell this prick to mind his own business. I am not anti cop btw, just hate to hear about this type of bullshit. Cops depend upon you not knowing your rights and assuming that they know the letter of the law. This is not the case most off the time. Look up motorcycle related laws in the Ohio revised code, print them out and keep them in your leather.

You can have a copy of the ORC that pertains to motorcycles on you, but while you are officially being detained by law enforcement it's not the time to start a legal debate over the letter and spirit of the ORC to the cop that's detaining you. In my opinion, you listen to what Officer Know-Everything has to say, ask if you are free to go, then once he says yes or asks if you have any questions, you get contact info. If he does write you a ticket, you'll have your day in court AND the complaint to go along with it. I just can't see what trying to politely argue with the cop about the law (that he doesn't understand) would accomplish on the side of the road.

Best way to end up in jail, or beat, or both = try to prove a cop wrong anywhere outside of a court room.

Best way to become a target of all cops in an area = file a complaint about any one of them.

Second' date=' Stephani has 69 posts. Jackpot.[/quote']

Why am I not surprise YOU of all people would point that out! LOL

Yeah, I recognized that cop wasn't going to entertain being questioned which is why we stopped talking...and why I want to be informed. Thanks for the info, I will be checking it all out and also (since I work a block from the CPD headquarters downtown) wander on over and ask a few questions. :)

wow thats way worse than what I had to deal with last year. Leaving bike night about 4 bikes got nailed for at least 60 in a 35. I was ahead of all this happening sitting at a red light. They all flew past me and 1 missed me by about a foot. The cop comes flying up next to me at the light as it turned green and started grilling me asking "whered your friends go" and when I said "those squids aren't my friends and one got on the highway" he wasn't too pleased for some reason and asked me again but the light turned green and i just left waiting for my ass to get pulled over and chewed out. Much to my surprise he never pulled me over

I figured this is just typical behavior as I know a ton of people who've gotten hassled over the years for nothing. It blows but its just easier to let them swing their tiny power penis than make a scene and make it worse

You would think the owner of the gas station would get tired of him harassing his/her paying customers.

Or he's there cuz the gas station is tired of the bikers.

I haven't been pulled over yet on my bike (knock on wood), but I have to say that some of the CPD cops I pass look like they are trying to kill me with their minds. I'm not sure why.

Nah, they're just looking at your sweet ride and wish they had it. ;) (Probably like I will do when I see you riding pass me on my old bike.) :D