Verizon to Scrap Unlimited Data

Cdubyah

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:whywithhands:...why no get deal at store?...want it now!...in my hands!...

You like the phone, Steve?

Even better are the deals at AmazonWireless. Yes, you have to wait, but think of all the ragefaces you can buy with the extra cash...

Even better are the deals at AmazonWireless. Yes, you have to wait, but think of all the ragefaces you can buy with the extra cash...

Trust me, I do A LOT of shopping at Amazon, and checked their deal: To upgrade my account, Verizon's showing me $169 vs. $199 @ Amazon..

If I were a new Verizon customer it would be the opposite: $199 @ Verizon, $169 @ Amazon.

So I reiterate:

:superangry::yuno::whywithhands::crytroll::fuuu::fuufuufuu::angry:

I think I'm going to try using my masculine charm on some nubile young skank at the Verizon Store. Probably will get a "best deal" of $400... :cry:

:lol:

I love my RAZR, just wish i waited for the Maxx. Just upgraded to first smartphone this year and they were offering the 4g/month for $30 (the usual price for 2g). I have not had any problems yet. I was afraid of losing my unlimited data, but i have never even used 2g's /month yet.

Well shit. Everyone looking at the raze maxxxx keep me updated. I'm due for an upgrade and was not planning on doing anything cuz I like what I have now. If they are planning on messing up a good thing ill be pissed.

• 2 weeks later...
I have used 10.424 gig on unlimited with 25 days in a 31 day cycle. Wife has used 1.116 in the same 25 days.

Data usage, day 20 of 31 days...

307.14MB of Unlimited - Me

323.59MB of Unlimited - The Wife

:dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is verizons butt fucking calculator

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/shareEverythingCalculator.jsp?intcmp=VZW-VNT-SE-SHAREEVERYTHING

For my plan...

2 regular phones, 2 smartphones

Roughly 1200 minutes total a month (m2m, n&w, shared)

2500-5000 texts a month

5-8 gb of data

They recommend the 6gb package at $220/month.

Currently I pay $199/month with a discount.

Can't really threaten to change, as the other carriers will follow

Here is verizons butt fucking calculator

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/shareEverythingCalculator.jsp?intcmp=VZW-VNT-SE-SHAREEVERYTHING

For my plan...

2 regular phones, 2 smartphones

Roughly 1200 minutes total a month (m2m, n&w, shared)

2500-5000 texts a month

5-8 gb of data

They recommend the 6gb package at $220/month.

Currently I pay $199/month with a discount.

Can't really threaten to change, as the other carriers will follow

1 regular phone, 4 smartphones,

700 minute plan use 300 at most

unlimited text/data $29.99

Total bill 249/month w/discount

btw. I just upgraded my thunderbolt to the razormaxx last week and data price did not increase. Lucky enough to be locked in before they started the GB charges

If you pay full price for a phone you can keep your unlimited data. That only reason to sign a cell phone contract is to get the discount on the phone.

ATT has a good deal going on where you can call any cell phone without using any minutes as long as you carry unlimited messaging.

Edited by Radio Flyer

We are about done with Verizon also but around here ATT only has coverage of aprox. five square miles in our area.

While on SR36 from I-77 to Coshocton there is only like 10 miles of here and there service, it sucks.

In all seriousness....the new plans are better deals. I have unlimited data, but i have never used more than 2gb of data. With the family plan i am on I could have 8gb of data for the same price. And get the hotspot and tethering for free. My niece and nephew have gone over on minutes twice. Very expensive. 10 a month for a tablet addition is very fair as well, 20 for a laptop. To be honest, it really may be worth switching over for me.

Hmmm, lots of Sprint hate I see. Maybe I am biased, but I have been with Sprint for about 10 years now, with a brief stint with Cincinnati Wireless (BAD idea. Roaming charges in CINCI? Wtf?).

I have an unlimited everything plan, and have very few connection and signal issues. The only place I do have problems is McConnelsville, where my National Guard unit is. No problem there, I just turn on my data roaming and I use whatever towers are down there, and I don't get any charges anyways.

I have priced out my plan versus AT&T and Verizon, and they simply don't give me the value for the money like Sprint does. The only real downside to Sprint that I can see is their lack of really cool phones, although that has been changing lately with their iPhone and the phone I got, the Moto Photon.

Anyways, just wanted to chime in, this is a fun discussion! =)

In all seriousness....the new plans are better deals. I have unlimited data, but i have never used more than 2gb of data. With the family plan i am on I could have 8gb of data for the same price. And get the hotspot and tethering for free. My niece and nephew have gone over on minutes twice. Very expensive. 10 a month for a tablet addition is very fair as well, 20 for a laptop. To be honest, it really may be worth switching over for me.

Better deal honestly depends on your situation. My wife and I use about 12 gb a month of data, we have 3 additional lines, 1400 minutes and unlimited text and we spend like $240 a month. We are both grandfathered in with unlimited. All 5 phones never go over on minutes usually we use less than 1,000 min. For us our bill would go up to $280 before tax and fees. Tge $240 we pay now is total. We would drop down to a max of 10 gb also.

We are both contemplating dropping data all together next year.

Edited by crb