SOLD

Quick Stats:

Price: $2800

Make: Honda

Model: CBR 600rr

Year: 2003

Miles: 18xxx (will go up when its nice)

Title: Clear

Up for sale is an almost totally stock 2003 600rr. Mechanically the bike is in 100% condition, cosmetically however, it is a little banged up. I have never had any problems with it and still get plenty of compliments regardless of the scratches and mismatched upper fairing. Full disclosure: this bike has been down 2 times. I bought it in wrecked condition from someone on here about a year ago and rebuilt right around 16K miles. The valves were done, clutch pack and springs checked, fork seals and fork oil replaced, oil/coolant change, tires replaced, chain/sprockets good, brakes calipers rebuilt, new brake fluid, good condition pads yet etc., you get the idea. I have ridden it plenty of times since the second wreck but have not cleaned it (hence the dirt on the clutch cover and tank cover). A comment on the pictures: the front seat was not pictured because I took the battery out to charge it but does come with it, chain is slack but was being adjusted, and a black front fender is also included but not installed. As far as trades go, I am only interested in guns or certain computer/server parts but if you think you have something particularly interesting or a good project/engine then feel free to offer up, the worst I can say no.

Either PM me here or call/text (216) 702-2-eight-2-nine

1EbDJ.jpg

if2fG.jpg

quwqb.jpg

Edited by imprez55
Sold

if it was never totalled for insurance, the title would still be clear... regardless of how many times it's been down. Also you could get a "clear" title by using a frame from another motorcycle, and putting all your wrecked parts on it...

this is why the whole "clear title" business never meant much to me, as long as it's a "legal" title, then it is good with me.

beyond that you just have to go with the condition of the bike

Edited by magley64

if it was never totalled for insurance, the title would still be clear... regardless of how many times it's been down.

this is why the whole "clear title" business never meant much to me, as long as it's a "legal" title, then it is good with me.

I just figured with how easily insurance companies total bikes, 2 wrecks and a clear title sounded odd. I am forwarding this to my roommate.

if it was never totalled for insurance, the title would still be clear... regardless of how many times it's been down. Also you could get a "clear" title by using a frame from another motorcycle, and putting all your wrecked parts on it...

The frame IS the motorcycle, so you're never really swapping frames; you're swapping everything else.

As for this particular bike, Matt can correct me of I'm wrong, but I believe the first wreck was 95% cosmetic, which is when he bought it and repaired it. No insurance claim was ever filed by the PO.

Then he laid it down at Nelson last summer in track trim. Obviously there was never any insurance claim there either.

No claims would always yield a clear title.

The frame IS the motorcycle, so you're never really swapping frames; you're swapping everything else.

according to the state, sure...

according to them my little buggy is a 1968 beetle. (most of that original vehicle went to a junkyard in 1987.)

motorcycle

mp2u026341-2006-suzuki-gsxr-600-motorcycle-frame-2.jpg

don't mind the rest of it, those are just parts :rolleyes:

I think what he means is legally everything is tied to the frame. So swapping out a frame is essentially getting a different bike even though you may use every other single piece and part from the wrecked one

I think what he means is legally everything is tied to the frame. So swapping out a frame is essentially getting a different bike even though you may use every other single piece and part from the wrecked one

Exactly. When I had my F2, a lot of guys on another forum would swap in a 900rr engine.

As far as the insurance company was concerned, it was still a 20 year old 600cc bike, and their rates were accordingly lower.

Thanks guys!

Oddly enough, that looks a lot like my old 03' 600rr that I wrecked.

It looks nothing alike, there is red all over the front!

It has a clear title even after being wrecked twice?

Yes, the first time was going out of a driveway and the second was at the track (as redkow said) so no police or insurance needed to be called in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haha, no shame! I was originally planning on keeping this through the winter and making it look better aesthetically and trying again in the spring. However the garage is packed with 4 bikes and two cars, I doubt I could sneak another bike in there and would hate to leave one out in the winter.

• 4 months later...