Warning! Holiday weekend! Watch for police! Watch your speed!

jagr

Passed two OSP's south on SR83 outside Coshocton and two around Conesville on SR16 this evening.

That was the way I was planning on going... I might need to change up my plans a bit :nono:

And drug trafficking.

Don't be silly, the troopers are hard on drugs. Its the locals that are in on the trafficking. Proof:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5yWzaPZYQRcapJlGgH6YmpEQd40ZmT7QA_8unmJjlVAQi6ClV

yeah i saw like 10 OSHP on the way to dayton yesterday, and probably another 6 on the way back. there was one every 5 miles for a good stretch... it was god damn ridiculous.

Just got home from Missouri and I used the waze app most of the way. You can report the popo to other waze users. Also you can get reports of traffic accidents and other like things.
Waze rocks...

i LOVE that app

We headed up 71 to Cleveland on Sunday. As soon as I got in the freeway a pickup started riding my butt. I figured with it being Memorial weekend I didn't want to be the fastest on the road. I pulled over and let him past, then keep a pace with him with a 3-second following distance. Told my wife; "He's the Rabbit".

30 minutes of making good time later we crested a hill and saw a local cop in a grey Charger running laser. Both myself and the pickup in front of me saw the cop at the same time, but it was too late for him. 81mph is what his ticket should read.

There are a lot more people in the cleveland area using that than I thought. Could have used that on this mornings drive to find out why traffic was backed up for 2 miles.

hell yea there are, has saved me countless times. I usually only use it on long trips or new places when I'm in a hurry and speeding more than usual in an unknown area

We headed up 71 to Cleveland on Sunday. As soon as I got in the freeway a pickup started riding my butt. I figured with it being Memorial weekend I didn't want to be the fastest on the road. I pulled over and let him past, then keep a pace with him with a 3-second following distance. Told my wife; "He's the Rabbit".

30 minutes of making good time later we crested a hill and saw a local cop in a grey Charger running laser. Both myself and the pickup in front of me saw the cop at the same time, but it was too late for him. 81mph is what his ticket should read.

I used to do this on the turnpike to and from Indiana. I would wait until a group of cars would pass at 75 or 80 and just tag along in the back.

I call 'em ferrets because they ferret out the cops.:D I leave more than a 3 second gap though...I just keep them in sight. Gives me time to slow a bit if I should see their brak lights come on. I've heard of several times where the cop pulled over the second guy in line because "the lead guy was taking all the risk" so they let him go.

followed a row of 9 tuners flying down 90 at 95-100 mph, must have gotten called in and orchestrated because 4 or 5 exits after they passed me, 9 cruisers came off the on ramp lights on, got all of them.

just wait until you get into a spot where they are using aircraft. they will pull everyone over, and everyone gets tickets.

I've been popped with aircraft, and can confirm this to be true. If it's a nice day out there and you start seeing the telltale lines on the side of the road, slow down and start looking up.

This weekend I never had it above 70, and ended up driving to Dayton and West Chester. Roundtrip I must have seen at least 20 OSHP's out there. Those guys don't give warnings.

Some will even ticket other cops. .

Hey, here's an idea that I hear thrown out all the time by cops in speeding threads: You don't want a ticket, don't speed! I don't care if you're a cop or not, unless you're in a marked cruiser with it's lights on, you're exactly the same as civilians you are supposed to "serve".

• Upvote 1

Roundtrip I must have seen at least 20 OSHP's out there. Those guys don't give warnings.

I got one doing 45 in a 35 a couple weeks ago, shocked the shit out of me! I think it was because the officer was a rider.

just wait until you get into a spot where they are using aircraft. they will pull everyone over, and everyone gets tickets.

Never happens. Ever. Not on a clear day, not with the marked lanes on the highway, not with a OSHP trooper that walks out into the middle of the lane to stop 4 guys on sportbikes.

Not ever.

Great. Now I want a radar in my car so I can see planes.

its actually pretty easy to avoid them. you can see the hash marks that they use to time you painted on the road. they are only marked for a mile or so.

when you see the hash marks, slow down. once they are gone, back to your regularly scheduled 80mph.

I just got pulled over close to two hours ago by a sheriff. 270N exit 29 by Iron Pony. I was carrying and he said that he pulled me over because he could not see/read my registration stickers. Freaked me out because it was the first time I've been pulled over on the bike and while carrying. He asked if i had jnsurance and i said yes but its in the trunk didn't need it I guess bit I'm legal on all fronts. I just got a warning and he said that he rides also an old Harley Sporster and said they have been having problems with sportbikes and plate locations. Sounds legit enough gave him both ID's about five minutes later just a warning. He said keep it sunny side up and I continued on my way.

• Upvote 1

I just got pulled over close to two hours ago by a sheriff. 270N exit 29 by Iron Pony. I was carrying and he said that he pulled me over because he could not see/read my registration stickers. Freaked me out because it was the first time I've been pulled over on the bike and while carrying. He asked if i had jnsurance and i said yes but its in the trunk didn't need it I guess bit I'm legal on all fronts. I just got a warning and he said that he rides also an old Harley Sporster and said they have been having problems with sportbikes and plate locations. Sounds legit enough gave him both ID's about five minutes later just a warning. He said keep it sunny side up and I continued on my way.

What???? :eek: and your not wishing he got shot??? Damn police doing their jobs and wasting my precious tax dollars :D

First time is the worst. Glad it went well for you.