Motoseries 6/7 to 6/9

standout

Put me down for intermediate. I should be getting my plastics this week and I will get them mounted and maybe even a tach by the 9th. I still have to talk to Todd or someone about getting the bump from novice. Anyone know the best way to contact him?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compression check is coming in at about 90 psu across the board, manual lists 178 psi. I checked all the plugs and they were good. Maybe the valve springs got weak and floated the valves causing them to get bent? I am going to do a leak down test on it tomorrow and see what I can find out. I had the valve cover off but it's hard to see anything since the valve springs are recessed in the head. The timing marks seem to be dead on which was also a thought. I thought that I could have jumped a tooth on the cam sprockets throwing the motor out of time and bending the valves. At this point I am going to do a leak down test and might just have to pull the head.

if you bent valves id be suprised if you had any compression at all. maybe head gasket or scuffed pistons (stuck rings).

were planning on race school Sat, then maybe having a go at 250 superbike on sunday. :eek:

if you bent valves id be suprised if you had any compression at all. maybe head gasket or scuffed pistons (stuck rings).

were planning on race school Sat, then maybe having a go at 250 superbike on sunday. :eek:

Rings don't make a whole lot of sense just because this issue happened all of a sudden. The chance of the rings going on every cylinder at the same time are astronomical. Head gasket has a better possibility but it is not smoking and has no signs of water in the cylinders. Usually when a head gasket goes, it isn't all cylinders. Bent valves make the most sense and I have never seen a motor with no compression that had bent valves. I have seen lower compression down at around 30 psi but have also seen around 90 before too.

My daughter's borthday is Saturday, but if I can escape any further domestic entrapments, I may be able to come out Sunday and pit bitch.

I'm looking for a good pit bitch to provide services like tire warmer removal and install, putting bike on stand, holding umbrella, whispering in my ear and telling me how fast I am, and slapping my ass and reassuring me I'm still a badass when I finish in the back of the pack after a race. Do you have any photos of what you might be wearing? The sluttier the better....:D

I'm looking for a good pit bitch to provide services like tire warmer removal and install, putting bike on stand, holding umbrella, whispering in my ear and telling me how fast I am, and slapping my ass and reassuring me I'm still a badass when I finish in the back of the pack after a race. Do you have any photos of what you might be wearing? The sluttier the better....:D

So basically I've been replaced already? I was still doing this for you during the SB races, well wait, Im running the AM one from here on out too now. So can we share him? Maybe he can bring some leather and whips?

I miss your musk. Going to make Beaver end of month?

I am in the process of bottling my musk and selling it for 90$ at Macy's. For you though, it is always free. I should hopefully be at Beaver at the end of the month. No guarantees yet, unfortunately (work schedule is not out).

I am in the process of bottling my musk and selling it for 90$ at Macy's. For you though, it is always free. I should hopefully be at Beaver at the end of the month. No guarantees yet, unfortunately (work schedule is not out).

I can't wait! Especially for the after raceday musk from all of us guys in our 1 pc leathers after 2 days of non stop riding.

just signed up for saturday and 600 sbk 1 & 2. my first race and im already nervous lol

the feeling doesn't go away, and in fact, gets worse and worse. when you FINALLY grid up for the start (after the warm up lap) your breathing gets heavier and faster and your heart beats like Mr. Diabeetus just ran up the stairs. The #2 board comes up, and the air fills with revving engines and everyone getting into their launch positions, the #1 board follows and even though the all the engines are revving at this point, it becomes dead silent. Then the green flag goes and it feels like the armies of hell just landed right on top of you, all heading for the same patch of track in turn 1. This lasts for about a lap as everyone gets settled in their positions. You're still on the verge of nervous break down at this point.

...it's all that, then some overly talented ass just comes BLOWING by you on the outside of the turn you thought you couldn't POSSIBLY go faster than you were already going and just leaves you for dead with no chance of keeping them in your sights, and all is despair.

Then, that first guy comes by you... close, just barely. And all of a sudden, the freak out ends, and your mind becomes a surgical laser, pin pointed on the guy in front of you. And that's when you really, TRULY know you can be faster.... because maybe if you just braked a little bit later, got on the gas just a bit sooner, if you let your bike jump into that turn just a bit faster... I can GET that guy and return the favor.

at least, that's what my first race was like.