Karl Rd closed due to serious motorcycle accident...

SWing'R

Just got this text from ABC6....

"NB Karl Rd is shut down in the are of Sandalwood Pl & Penworth Dr

in N Columbus due to a serious motorcycle accident. More @ 11".

Guess it came in a few minutes before 11, I was sleeping didn't hear it until now.

Prayers for the rider and anyone else involved :(

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Karl Road is closed between Sandalwood Place and Penworth Drive

after fatal crash involving a motorcycle Monday night. Detectives tell NBC4 the crash

involved a motorcycle and a passenger vehicle. Columbus police and medic personnel

were initially dispatched to the 5300 block of Karl Road on a report of a pedestrian struck.

Once on the scene, officers and medics discovered a serious crash involving a motorcycle.

Columbus police tells NBC4 a person is was in trauma arrest at the scene.

No other information was immediately available.

Edited by SWing'R

Will a mod please move this to the Fallen Rider forum, it was a fatal.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_17682.shtml

COLUMBUS -- Police say a woman was not wearing a helmet at the time of a fatal

motorcycle crash in a northeast-side parking lot. Investigators say Shaunay Taylor, 33,

was practicing operating the motorcycle early Monday morning outside of the Columbus

Square Shopping Center when she lost control.

Taylor hit a curb, then slammed into a metal sign. She was pronounced dead at Mount

Carmel St. Ann's Hospital at 2:30 a.m.

:rip:

Edited by SWing'R

that has to be some kind of freak accident record or something.......how do you die practicing rolling around in a parking lot

either way, RIP

And at 2 in the morning. Not sure I believe that story, but I could see it happening since she

wasn't wearing a helmet and you could easily let the bike get away from you if you are new,

you see videos like that all the time on youtube, but yeah, RIP :(

Aren't these different accidents?

It sounds like there were two different things reported, and something

completely different when the arrived??

I see the news channels report wrong or inaccurate stuff all the time in their

FB feeds and text alerts just because they want to be the one to break the

story first so they release information quickly then correct it later as they

get more details.

EDIT: you know these do look like two different things now that I think about it,

cause I got the text just before 11pm, then the other story says 2am. If that's the

case then what happened in the 11:00 incident??

Edited by SWing'R

Two separate events -

-One last night (Monday), on Karl near the YMCA;

-The other was Sunday night at 161 and Cleveland (Columbus Square), where the woman was practicing at 2 in the morning (read: just stumbled out of the bar and wanted to try someone's bike).

RIP to both, and my apologies if I'm wrong about the bar...

Two separate events -

-One last night (Monday), on Karl near the YMCA;

-The other was Sunday night at 161 and Cleveland (Columbus Square), where the woman was practicing at 2 in the morning (read: just stumbled out of the bar and wanted to try someone's bike).

RIP to both, and my apologies if I'm wrong about the bar...

Fuck fuck fuck! Did they release a name for the Karl Rd one because I have

a good friend that lives near there and works at that YMCA and rides to work

all the time. Just tried calling him, didn't get an answer. Please don't let it be him. :(

10tv is reporting that this was a fatal accident:

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/05/29/columbus-man-killed-motorcycle-crash.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police were working to determine what caused a car and motorcycle to collide on Monday night on the north side, killing the biker.

According to investigators, a man was riding his motorcycle when he collided with a car along the 5300 block of Karl Road at about 11 p.m.

The one on Karl road is reported as a girl in a Kia turning in front of the bike, both trying to turn into the same driveway.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/may/29/motorcyclist-killed-karl-road-crash-identified-ar-1052971/

Didn't see where it said the bike was turning into the same driveway... :confused:

Didn't see where it said the bike was turning into the same driveway... :confused:

You're correct, it doesn't say that now. I'm of a mind that it did before. Who knows. Darn ninja edits...