Computer help needed

2talltim

im sure i could search and figure this out but honestly i dont have time. I have to send my computer back for replacment they think it has a bad chip set on the mother board, keeps over heating. Is there a program or a way to save all my files and settings simply and easily, transfer them from this computer to the new one when it gets here? I really dont have that much stuff on here ive only had it for 2 months, but it would be nice.

USB external hard drive if it still boots. if it doesn't, a USB to hard drive adapter to read the drive in another functional computer. (requires removing your hard drive from pc to be sent in.)

I've used Stomp Backup My PC software for that side of it. May be called something different now.

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

Doubt youll get much done in 20 30 mins. Will prob have to remove HDD and read it from another pc via a USB to HDD adapter.

http://www.pcworld.com/product/26031/stompsoft_backup_mypc_6.html

Not sure it's still supported. I can burn u a copy if you're close to Miamisburg

Will warn you that thus stuff is a major PITA and very time consuming. (for me anyway, as I'm usually working w a minimum of 80gb and I usually have backups of backups)

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

Sounds like i just need to click a drag all our photos and music to our external hd and set up the new one from scratch. Sounds like that would be less time consuming, plus with the hd running during on a back up load i prob wont even get 10 min before it locks up. Thanks for the info, i need to box that bitch up tommrow, damn HP refebished POS, lesson learned on a too good to be ture deal:nono:

im sure i could search and figure this out but honestly i dont have time. I have to send my computer back for replacment they think it has a bad chip set on the mother board, keeps over heating. Is there a program or a way to save all my files and settings simply and easily, transfer them from this computer to the new one when it gets here? I really dont have that much stuff on here ive only had it for 2 months, but it would be nice.

Tell them you want to keep your HD and ship you one without, or that you want to buy the HD :dunno: worst they can say is no.

Download cpuid(advanced), that should tell you where your failure is at if it is an overheating issue. The free advanced version doesn't list everything at once, but close and open it a few times and it will eventually list everything(it's random) ;)

I'd be willing to try and reseat the CPU heatsink to see if that is the issue. Won't save it if the damage is done, but it will make it stable for longer, for a little while. Same thing killed my wife's Dell. (Just another reason to build your own)

You would just have to get down to Cbus between 08 Jun and 11 Jun.

Send me a PM if interested.