Ohio Bike Week

shadyflyer

I'm told this year none of it is being held at the fairgrounds but the events are being held in different places. My experience up there has been pretty good, depending on the weather. Its not that big and typically once we make the rounds of the events at the outlying areas we would cruise into downtown, park and walk downtown to the block party.Have seen some good shows there like Black Stone Cherry and will be there to see Jakyl this week. Haven't had the bad experiences with traffic others have had.

I went up with some friends in 2010 and it wasn't too horrible, but it was the first weekend not the busier second weekend. We camped at East Harbor SP which kept us away from the craziness in town as well (well, except for having to evacuate the campground at 1am fleeing tornado's Sat. night...that was just a little crazy).

I can assure you though, OBW is no Chilli....not even remotely close! Chilli is closed off (quarantined?) and pretty much anything goes even though they "supposedly" have stricter nudity rules now. They run a much tighter ship at OBW and the fairgrounds camping area is a lot smaller and easier to keep a handle on. Also, once everything moves downtown on the second weekend the worst thing you have to worry about is the drunks.

Do I plan to go back sometime? Don't see it happening anytime soon as I just wasn't all that impressed. I was also pretty put off by the town of Port Clinton and their Chamber of Commerce when they wouldn't let me enter their bike show because my bike wasn't a Harley. Talked to several Goldwing and Victory owners who were extremely pissed about that as well.

Whining when the shit flows the other way, huh? LOL. Have you really paid attention to what was said in the thread? Just read this thread, not to mention the forum as a whole.

Damn, I had a nice moment in my first post. I meant to say STFU cry baby. Maybe you should take a look around at those events and see that what POKEY was saying is true. Now you ride a Kawasaki and you are acting like a little bitch? Kawi's are for MEN, please trade down. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Damn, I had a nice moment in my first post. I meant to say STFU cry baby. Maybe you should take a look around at those events and see that what POKEY was saying is true. Now you ride a Kawasaki and you are acting like a little bitch? Kawi's are for MEN, please trade down. :rolleyes:

Yeah, ummm, no? If you go back and look, you were the punk there. Not enough time for this, though - there's already enough pussy in my life. Go ride your race bike and pretend to be tough behind your screen name. I'm very impressed!