2012 AMA MidOhio round July 13-15th

jbot

• 2 weeks later...

so what tickets did people get? deluxe, grandstand, blah blah blah? infield parking, camping, family camping, creeper seating... what combo did ya'll get?

I'm getting there early Friday with Casper's better half, to stake claim to some land and set up tents. If anyone needs us to hold them a spot, let me know. I'll do what I can. I'm sure there will be room to crash if people need to.

I'll be staying there Sunday night and doing the track day Monday, anyone else going to be there the whole time?

I'm going at least for one day but I'll be by myself. Was thinking about camping. If someone has room at their campsite I'll split some of the cost with you. It will just be me and a tent and a dining fly if someone wants me to bring it. I'm good company haha....not a drunken shenanigans kind of guy.

Wife and I have the Delux tix that include pitpasses ( except during races ) and the website states you must have the delux tix to get a camping pass, my question is can we still get into the campgrounds without buying an actual camping pass? Would like to hang with OR folks but we arent camping, got a hotel room reservation to indulge nightly a/c, showers, pool, and free breakfasts

Wife and I have the Delux tix that include pitpasses ( except during races ) and the website states you must have the delux tix to get a camping pass, my question is can we still get into the campgrounds without buying an actual camping pass? Would like to hang with OR folks but we arent camping, got a hotel room reservation to indulge nightly a/c, showers, pool, and free breakfasts

Nevermind, found my answer in the other thread...

You need to get a campsite to get into the campground.

It's official, I have my AMA press credentials for the weekend! HELL YEAH!

NateDog: If you need a place to crash I'll be in the workers camping area near the garages. Let me know.

cool, i'm going to try and see if i can sleep in the semi but i'll let you know

You can still get back to the camping area and hang out. I think parking might be the issue where you would need the pass, but walking over wasn't an issues before.

Todd, we'll call you when we get there.

No you need the camping pass to walk in too Joe. The armbands we were wearing when you came is what got you in . Now some checkers are lazy though and won't bother looking..... remember holding our arms up as we went thru the gate each time on the cart

Edited by MidgetTodd

If you are not a drunken shenanigans type of guy you are going to be in the wrong place. Drunken shenanigans is why we camp there.

No I know that....I go to the Indy race every year. I just mean the kind of guy that pisses on someones tent in the middle of the night and crawls in the sleeping bag with another guys wife, or falls in the fire ruining all the fun with a medic run............I'm not those kinds of guys.

There are multiple kinds of drunken shenanigans. The fun drunken shenanigans, and the moron drunken shenanigans.....

:shots:

No I know that....I go to the Indy race every year. I just mean the kind of guy that pisses on someones tent in the middle of the night and crawls in the sleeping bag with another guys wife, or falls in the fire ruining all the fun with a medic run............I'm not those kinds of guys.

There are multiple kinds of drunken shenanigans. The fun drunken shenanigans, and the moron drunken shenanigans.....

:shots:

I guess stopping people on carts at our DUI check point and telling cetain members of the opposite sex they had failed cetain medical tests in front of thier significant others would fall into one of those catagories.