Kil-Kare bike night

TheBrown57

We got a Gix750 vs SpeedTriple run coming together this Friday? Lee, I got a 1-pc you can borrow. I'm shorter than you, but the suits "round" enough to stretch up instead of out too:D

Would match your bike even, red and black. Hit me up if ya wanna try it on

We got a Gix750 vs SpeedTriple run coming together this Friday? Lee, I got a 1-pc you can borrow. I'm shorter than you, but the suits "round" enough to stretch up instead of out too:D

Would match your bike even, red and black. Hit me up if ya wanna try it on

Sure ill try it on. May not need one though bike isn't fast enough for full leathers. New they hit the traps at 116mph. Now I just need to get the leaking machine past tech. And con 20th into grabbing an extra kill switch.

And one for me too lol or tell me where to get one from lol

You can get them here. Im hoping to be able to get down there sometime afterwork this week. They close at 6pm.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=KILL+SWITCH

If your making a trip down before i can make it would you pick me up one if i gave you some cash? I think Anden wants one also. Or if anyone of us three has time to get there before friday they could pick them up? I will call them today to make sure they have them in stock.

I called and they said they dont have any of the bar mount switches in stock. But they do have 2 of these in stock.

http://spieglerusa.com/emergency-switch-3539.htm?SID=89fa47c2d6b0a4f9ecd0e410b14fd674

Dont quite know how they mount. I would assume you would have to come up with some type of bracket.

I'm going to try and call Comp. Acc. and see what they have.

Well i found one at Tike's in Covington. It looked exactly like the bar mount type at Spiegler's. After he explained to me it was a normally open type switch i came home, hooked a meter to find out its the wrong one.:mad: So off to Radio Shack i went and bought a pack of the right switches. Im going to try and get it wired up tonight.

QuickAccord.....PM Anden and maybe you guys can hook-up with a plan to grab the 2 at Spiegler. And if they are the wrong type (Normally Closed), dont worry i have 3 extra switches that should fit in the housing.

I can make the one you got ( normally open) work with a relay.

Well i got the new switch soldered up it and was time to find someplace to mount it. I couldnt get it on my throttle side clip on because the throttle housing pins into the clip-on. Not to mention my bar end wouldnt move out far enough and still be able to hold without possibly falling out. So now i didnt want to use the other side and have one grip offset a half inch. Finally i decided on using the clutch bolt.

Now came the part i didnt want to do.......hack into my wiring harness. When i cut the wire to my kill switch it felt like i was defusing a bomb. Finally said screw and "snip"! Everything worked out and got it mounted and wired. I paid $25 for the wrong switch and $4 at Radio Shack to fix it.

And this is what i come up with..

photobucket-28556-1346202239853.jpg

Im sure the MPS' are better quality but couldnt get one by this weekend. Im sure this will work for screwing around on test-n-tune night.