+1 for the good guys

conn-e-rot

Wow he is lucky he is not being brought up on charges for breaking a the law?!! Wonder what would happen in ohio if you went into a cpz and did the same thing? Good for him though for protecting himself and others. After rereading the article he needs to train more? 6-7 shots and it says BOTH suspects were arrested? One should have been in a big black bag with that many shots fired?

Edited by speedytriple

Old story BTW, http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/aldi-customer-wont-be-charged-in-shooting-sk42et0-138688529.html

He fired 6-7 rounds, and hit the suspect in the leg and the forehead. The suspect then dropped his shotgun and fled. After a shot in the forehead....

The shotgun was also unloaded. Dumbass criminals....

I applaud the guy for drawing and firing only when he had a clear shot. It seems he also waited until he had no other choice and only fired when faced with potential lethal danger (Suspect aiming at him).

However, I think for the state to not charge him is a bad thing. Although the fact he was carrying did foil the robbery, he was breaking the law by doing so. Now the state of Wisconsin is telling every CCW permit holder that they can ignore all the signs and prohibited places as long as they act accordingly. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

And for the love of god, Target Practice....

Edited by BDBGoalie

What I was saying about him breaking the law, by ignoring the sign. He is lucky. How does someone run away from a forehead shot? Bathsalts?

Dunno. Glancing blow? Bullet his at a very low angle and skipped rather than penetrating?

I'm not sure. I can't find a good picture of the Aldi's in question. Seems like after the incident they moved the sign to a less visible location.

The shooter's quote of "...not suffering any repercussions for practicing my constitutional right", leads me to believe that he didn't care about the sign.

Just seems like if the state has a law that allows businesses to prohibit weapons, and then that law is violated and the state not only doesn't press charges, but applauds the shooter, they might as well remove the law about the signs.