The ol' hoe is costing me more $$$

2talltim

Had to take the truck(tahoe) back in today. The Service 4WD light has been going on and off for a couple weeks, well yesterday it came on and stayed on alonge with the stability control disabled light. After researching online i figured it was the transfercase encoder or the dash switch, i wasnt sure so i took it into FredyChevy to have them run the codes. Turns out it was both the encoder was bad and the dash witch was showing hi resistance. Probobly could have done it my self and saved about $200 but since they had the truck and the parts in stock and i didnt think the quote was all that unreasonable i told them to just do it.

So in a nut shell even though it sucks to spend more money on her it's another big thumbs up to Fredericktown Chevrolet. I called them at 8am, took it in at 9am, they called me a noon with the problems and a quote $420, everything was in stock, and called me at 4pm to pick her up. They even offered me a ride home when i dropped it off and checked and topped off all my fluids.

So even with spending this money im still only at about half the total cost of putting that motor in. Let hope i have all the juice squeased out of this lemon now.

Very good on them! If you had driven down to where I work (another Chevy dealer) we probably could've had you out by noon though! :lol:

I wish all dealerships were like this. The one I work for is pretty good, too. I think it has to do with the smaller town thing. Word travels fast in small towns, bad stuff even faster than good stuff! :eek: