Kawi 636 - Versys - SV650/1000 - CBR1100xx

Beegreenstrings

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the hell does the CBR1100XX make it on a list with the other bikes for any kind of close comparison?

It is subjectively the best looking and can get 200 miles out of a tank but has none of the qualities the others have for your stated intentions. Is this another matter of a mistaken 636=650 or am I missing something?

I've commuted on my SV650 for 4 years now. It has Givi saddle bags, one of which is half full with my rain suit. Most of my driving is congested interstate, the rest is bombed out ghetto streets. I average 53mpg with my 05, I understand the 07+ bikes with dual ignition are better yet.

There's more than enough power for the drive and it runs on 87. Lots of aftermarket, lots of room to customize if you wish. It's an overally great bike for commuting.

Oh, get the N version with handlebars. It'll be much better for visibility.

I ride without windshields because I hate them. You may feel otherwise.

Want and desire

You list bikes that are practical and serve your stated purpose then throw in a want and desire bike, doesn't make sense. The other bikes all handle way better, are lighter and have better ergonomics. You can surely do better for a want and desire bike than an outdated bike that was developed in the mid 90s and hasn't been sold for nine years.