Back Conditioning...?

thegame

Is there anything I can do for my back so it wont hurt everytime I go for a ride? I had this problem last year, and its hurting again because of my couple hour long ride 2 weeks ago.

Being old and run down like I am I had the same problem lol. A few Bayer Back and Body and some of that sports rub heat treatment did the trick. Stretch before you ride too.

Start off by laying on your back, strech left leg/left arm then right leg/right arm. Arch your body to one side then the other to strech out your side muscles. Pull your knees to your chest and rock a little to work your spine a bit. I did yoga when I went to school for a while, and that was the best I have ever felt in my life. People dont think about streching, and if you do basic excercises and streching on a regular basis it will help immensely. If you have time, wake up and start your morning off with some streching and a few basic poses. If you take it seriously and do it on a routine basis, (even twice or three times a week) stick with it for a couple months, you will notice a difference.

Drugs and the what not helps, but that is the problem with most things in america. There are many things to help with the effects of a problem but nobody wants to tell you how to treat the cause. If you excercise, your body will much better off. You may even ride better because of it. You will be more limber, not distracted by pain. You will be more loose and light on the controls and it may even help your form.

Look into beginner yoga dvd's or a book. Some dvd's are fast paced so you need to know the routine to be able to do it. Its best to do it at your own speed. I have been slacking when it comes to keeping myself well lately, but I know I have a couple dvd's by a guy called Rodney Yee. I hope this is of help.

Forget pills and stretching. You need to work out more. Strengthen your stomach muscles directly helps with your back issues. People with shit backs usually have crappy stomach strength and conditioning... You need to work on your mid section and get better excercise.

Stretching ALONG WITH proper excercise is what you need. Stretching alone is like polishing a turd. It's still a turd... No excercise and you'll be doing nothing as your core strength is found in your mid section of your body. Crunches, man. Crunches. Every night before bed and possibly right after you get up...

I think you need to RIDE more. I am always sore after the first couple rides during the year but after a few rides my body gets conditioned and stops hurting.I have found that its more the frequency than the lenght of the rides.

And working out and lifting weights properly will cure just about any body aches and pain.

One thing that might help on the longer rides is to change positions. I will generally run 20-30 minutes straight up and down and let the wind hold me up, and then some time with leaning against the tank (not tucked but against the tank, having a spare tire there helps), and then sometime resting on the tank like a full tuck.

If you are mainly in the twisties and it is hurting try using the tank to help support you some. I evend did this racing at Nelson Ledges on the long Carosel. To make sure I stayed loose on the bars I would rest on the tank to lossen my arms up mid corner.

But I need to workout period, but couple years ago when I actually did back exercise I noticed an improvement in the braking zones.

Forget pills and stretching. You need to work out more. Strengthen your stomach muscles directly helps with your back issues. People with shit backs usually have crappy stomach strength and conditioning... You need to work on your mid section and get better excercise.

Stretching ALONG WITH proper excercise is what you need. Stretching alone is like polishing a turd. It's still a turd... No excercise and you'll be doing nothing as your core strength is found in your mid section of your body. Crunches, man. Crunches. Every night before bed and possibly right after you get up...

+1000

You shouldn't be supporting your weight with you back (or arms)...its all in the legs and abs like Lizard said. I have a shit lower back and l won't ride cruisers because the upright position puts too much pressure on my lower back after long periods of time.

I think you need to RIDE more. I am always sore after the first couple rides during the year but after a few rides my body gets conditioned and stops hurting.I have found that its more the frequency than the lenght of the rides.

And working out and lifting weights properly will cure just about any body aches and pain.

Ditto.