Laid down the bike

Saacattack

You couldn't have stood the bike up and said it just died on the freeway? Ran out if gas? I mean, if you told the trooper you laid it down then you kinda deserve the ticket....

I wasn't saying I didn't deserve it, but it's stupid but fair statement of failure to control vehicle. I should have told him hit died and the scratched were there from my track day I did monday. But as soon as i told him, i was like fuuccckkkk, i should have said that! instead

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the damage. in some of the pictures it looks like fluid got on the bike, but it didn't. no leakage:

29y3uu.jpg

aes61d.jpg

vnnzv9.jpg there was a carbon fiber cover that came off of here

chr93.jpg

mwqou8.jpg

14e6gy9.jpg

10zvcc9.jpg

and here are the damage on my chicken legs, which both areas are more swollen and more colored:

2urs0uc.jpg

2945fkp.jpg

Edited by Saacattack

here's the damage. in some of the pictures it looks like fluid got on the bike, but it didn't. no leakage:

and here are the damage on my chicken legs, which both areas are more swollen and more colored:

2urs0uc.jpg

2945fkp.jpg

Not as awesome as kawi kids gold shorts pics.

[ATTACH]3092[/ATTACH]Glad to see your ok man...Sucks to have that happen after a track day and to get a ticket on top of it. (and failure to control is a 2 pointer as well as a pretty hefty fine)

Did you have frame sliders on it? They are a really good investment, but don't go cheap. The cheap ones will break apart. This pic was from M-O, 2 years ago when put it in the gravel at turn 10. GRAVEL broke the $30 frame slider I had on, so I know the pavement would've ate it up. I bought some good ones after that just in case I go down again. Sliders are a lot cheaper than replacing the engine case.;)

Don't listen to twowheelsnake, I got $3000 for my 03 CBR954, 2 years ago when I wrecked it. They wrote it off as as being totalled, I bought it back for $700 and used the rest to turn it into the track bike you see.

Edited by lobsta954

[ATTACH]3092[/ATTACH]

Don't listen to twowheelsnake, I got $3000 for my 03 CBR954, 2 years ago when I wrecked it. They wrote it off as as being totalled, I bought it back for $700 and used the rest to turn it into the track bike you see.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Geez man I'm just tryin to score a sweet ride :rolleyes:

really? ive never had a tow truck snitch on me.

Calling an ambulance definitely get's an automatic police response as well,

just ask Moose, they fuzz showed up when I called an ambulance for him :o.

Curious as to how it happened and what kind of gear you were wearing? Glad to see you are (mostly) ok! It's a good time for upgrades on the bike :)

Me too, maybe he explained it already but I didn't read the whole thread.

Did you slip on some debris on the ramp or a slippery tar snake??

I was exiting off 270 east getting on 315 north. There was a bunch of gravel in the middle and right side of the lane. And gravel, I mean small but large pieces. As soon as i saw them i braked a little bit just to obviously reduce speed let off the breaks and then i went to the left and couldn't make the turn still so I kept going straight and I was in grass and then the rear wheel went out from under me and I let go and got up lol. I was wearing my helmet, race gloves and boots and my cortech latigo 2 piece suit. The leather has small scraps but still usable. But money I've spent so far.

I was exiting off 270 east getting on 315 north. There was a bunch of gravel in the middle and right side of the lane. And gravel, I mean small but large pieces. As soon as i saw them i braked a little bit just to obviously reduce speed let off the breaks and then i went to the left and couldn't make the turn still so I kept going straight and I was in grass and then the rear wheel went out from under me and I let go and got up lol. I was wearing my helmet, race gloves and boots and my cortech latigo 2 piece suit. The leather has small scraps but still usable. But money I've spent so far.

If I remember correctly I think there is some kind of electrical substation right there with a gravel driveway leading to, probably where the gravel came from,

a service truck pulling out of there back onto the ramp probably dragged it out onto the ramp. Or I suppose a dump truck could have simply lost it too.

BTW, glad you are okay!

EDIT: Just looked on google earth, the substation I remember is on the other side of the road inside the cloverleaf when going 315 south to 270E.

Edited by SWing'R

I worked for a towing company as a dispatcher when I was 16 or so. There are no laws that require towing companies to call the police. If the towing company gets on scene first and find the accident requires traffic control then they will call for that purpose.

Local towing companies are also on a rotation within police jurisdictions to respond to accidents requiring towing and cleanup. But that's only if the police are there first.

Edited by Blitz

I just got it back home. I'm going to take it apart and clean it up a little bit. Mother fucker gave me a ticket for failure to control vehicle, that's bullshit!

always exersize your 5th amendment right when talkin' to the law

(had to hold my tounge a bit here lol)