Bad News...676 Chipsealed

drc32-0

I don't know how much of it is chipsealed,but the best part,555 to 792, is pretty much a slip and slide.This really sucks...that section of 676 is 6 or 7 miles of excellent riding!

I'm still thankful for some of the good roads that have been paved this year...669,691,550,but this is definitely one for the loss column.:mad:

Write ODOT and complain, write your state senator and congressman and do the same - make it heavy on safety and traction, and the negative effects on handling for us that ride motorcycles.

I've done that very thing, and received positive replies. It's a budget move, but they're spending federal highway money liberally right now there's no reason to compromise safety on state routes - especially when other states with less budget to play with than ours do not ruin their state routes with chip/seal.

I am going to do that.I plan on playing the safety angle with trying to maintain state route speeds with bad traction while being pushed by traffic.

We really ALL need to write letters concerning chipsealing state routes.It's going to ruin some good roads and under some conditions it's unsafe.