I want: a k1300R

YSR_Racer_99

I rode the K1200R back when there was a BMW dealer in Cinci. They allowed demo rides on all of their bikes. Handed me the keys and said 'just bring it back sometime today. If you need gas, fill it up and bring us the receipt and we'll cover it" :D

My impressions (I owned an FZ1 at the time)...very smooth and powerful but felt heavy to me. Because of the way the suspension is, I never felt like the front wheel was in jeopardy of coming off the ground so never really got that oh shit feeling I got on the FZ1 when I rolled on hard at lower gears.

Here's a 1200 in AZ http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796287

BMW USA didn't import the K1300R to the states. When BMW increased the engine size, they quit selling the K1200R here. You would need to settle for a used 1200, or look for a K1300S and convert it to R trim.

BMW USA didn't import the K1300R to the states....look for a K1300S and convert it to R trim.

I didn't know this, but i vote for this option, or buy a k1600 and put the R hardware on it... that would be wicked...

BMW USA didn't import the K1300R to the states. When BMW increased the engine size, they quit selling the K1200R here. You would need to settle for a used 1200, or look for a K1300S and convert it to R trim.

That sucks. Naked bikes just don't do well in the states. Why I don't know. I'll never own another bike covered in plastic. Too much of a PITA to service, etc.

That sucks. Naked bikes just don't do well in the states. Why I don't know. I'll never own another bike covered in plastic. Too much of a PITA to service, etc.

I think they're doing better now, tbh.

What you have is just a surplus of squiddiddly people cracking up little 600 supersports, which are easily made into streetfighters... cheaper to go that route for the naked bike role.

• 1 month later...
Lo rider looks killer. Cafe all day kind of look.

Yeah, I'm really interested in what the final product will be. Based upon the spy shots, there is speculation that the engine may be liquid cooled... like the new GS.

Lo rider looks killer. Cafe all day kind of look.

Talk about one seriously slow train in coming. I am also interested to see what BMW releases with the Lo-Rider concept. The images they put out, 6 years ago now???, sure piqued my interest.

Norton 916, new motor in the Guzzi V7, a Ducati 799 or BMW S600RR are the stuff dreams and ex-husbands are made of.