I Got Hit By A Car!!

playerpro153

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not too much for the track! Just adjust the throttle cables to only go half way lol. Just check and see how much they want to sell it back to you. If its under 3 grand i would buy it back from them and try it as a track bike. Cant beat the price.

Thanks all for looking out for a brother. I purchased the bike brand new last may and modified it since then. Fortunately I have all reciepts for my purchases. All I am asking from his insurance company is compensation to cover all damages on the bike, more so if it is totaled. I'm not about to settle for a "I'm sorry, but here's a check for it's depreciated value" bullshit. That same model is still for sale on the showroom floor at nearly every honda dealer. Why should I pay the price if it was clearly documented, with witnesses, that I was at zero fault. This is what I get for actually stopping for the red light.

Crashing sucks for sure. Glad you're ok.

About the value of the bike, the "depreciated value" is all you're going to get, unless you have a rider in your policy that covers "actual value" of the bike and accessories. I'm guessing that you didnt because most people wouldn't want to pay for that type of insurance.

As far as "the same model" being for sale on the showroom floor goes, you're wrong. The bikes on the showroom floor haven't been on the street for a year, and if they have, they're not being sold as new.

I can't blame the insurance company on this one - would you pay top dollar new price for a used bike? I know I wouldn't and I doubt that you would either.

Good luck.

Also, consider bolting the stock stuff back on - unless the aftermarket stuff was damaged beyond repair.

BUY IT BACK!! Buy it back. Should be about $4k or less. You can turn it into a track bike.

No bike is too big for the track. It's egos you need to worry about being too big. It would make a great bike. I see a lot of good riders on the CBR1000. Handles well...

I've been to a doctor already and got X-rays taken. I will provide a final outcome when the settlement is made. Can't say too much about it right now. Ultimately, I think things will work out just right in the end.

Guess you have never been through this process before ;) I got paid for my bike promptly, but not enough, and the rest of the money took almost two years....

Guess you have never been through this process before ;) I got paid for my bike promptly, but not enough, and the rest of the money took almost two years....

After getting 1/2 of what my bike was worth, I got my money almost a year to the date of my wreck...

I wish I would have gotten some rash or broken something...

I just went through this and settled about 4 or 5 months ago.

Bike had about 8-9K of damage. it probably should have been totaled..but not all the damage was caught during the first inspection. I'm thankful for that.

i was ejected from the bike..hit the ground head first. Concusion, cracked ribs, really bad contusion, pinched nerve between C5 and C6 vertebrae. That pinched nerve is going to be with me for the rest of my life..I can already tell. I am active in brazilian jiu jitsu and muay thai, so I do a lot of grappling...and this shit is gonna hurt for life. Sprained ankles..sore hips. I was lucky. Anyways...

the driver was a Safe Auto driver..god help anyone if they have to deal with Safe Auto. I got my bike fixed (better than stock)...and I got $8K after lawyers fees.

Just FYI.

yeah, I'm waiting to see what the injury settlement looks like. I have suffered primarily soft tissue damage, nothing looks very long term. As for the motorcycle damage claim, the bike is going to be fixed 100% and adding a set of galespeed type R wheels and my drivetrain upgrade. I thought about keeping this as a project and buying a 600 for the track, but I want my 1K for the street ASAP and I can wait a little longer for my track bike.... like when the track days start.

I would like to point out something. If you would have ran the red light you would not have beeen rearended! My policy the best way to ride or drive defensively is to be offensive! You need to break the law before anyone else has a chance to.F it, cars can't hit you if you are ahead of them and have no plans of slowing down.This stragity works great for cops as well!

I thought about it, except for the cars coming through the intersection. Then I would have hit the side of a car and been sited for it. I didn't have too many options. I thought about running it though.

I don't know if running the red light is the answer...like you said, at a minimum you would have hit the side of a car. You just as easily could have been run over by a semi.

Those things happen way to fast to decide on a msg board what you should or shouldn't do. I think jumping off the bike would have been my choice. When I got hit, I never saw it coming..so the choice was made for me.