one of my pets is very ill....selling a couple things

Steve Butters

my bills are pretty tight right now, and i have a feeling im about to spend several hundred on one of my pets...he has, what i believe to be, a necrotic skin disease.....if untreated, he will die

so im going to be selling some things...starting with just two items, but will be adding more as the weeks go by if i find myself struggling....this stuff will be priced to move, because i am hoping to get him to a vet on monday

first item is a kobalt air compressor..

26 gallon, 1.5hp

its practically new...my old house had bad wiring and it would pop the fuse using it...so i used it for less than 2 hours total....i think we paid like 200 for it...ill take $100

IMG_20120707_201420.jpg

next item is a great stereo for a garage or workout room etc...its an older sony MHC-GX45....nice stereo works great, 3 cd changer...inputs for running a game system or something etc....these were 200-300 new, ill take $60

IMG_20120707_202448.jpg

depending how the inital vet checkup goes, i may also be posting a brand new (ridden for 5 minutes) mountain bike, and possibly an xbox 360.....hoping it doesnt come to that though

thanks...its a problem i suspected before but took him to a vet, and had him checked...the vet said it was nothing to worry about

hes been ok for months..usually sheds the yellow spots away and all is fine, but today i noticed one had actually cracked open and his raw flesh was exposed....i dont get paid for 2 weeks so im just trying to scrape some money together to get him to a different vet...

its hard to find a qualified reptile vet.....theres one off sawmill rd im going to try next week if i can come up with the money....going to call and see if they can bill me instead of paying up front too....hopefully they will work with me

it really sucks because its my favorite pet....this one is like my best friend....if i have to end up putting him down, it will be one of the hardest decisions ive ever had to make...i wish it had been one of the other ones instead...not that i would wish this disease on any of my pets, i just wish it wasnt this one

Edited by Steve Butters

UPDATE

looks like the Lord is looking out for me, and a member on here saw this thread and was gracious enough to offer to help me out for a few weeks until I get paid.....OR really is a great place, you guys are all like family and I'm lucky to be a part of this site.

this stuff will be on hold until i hear from the vet monday and know what kind of bills i will be up against....i dont wanna sell this stuff, even though it isnt expensive stuff, its stuff i wanted to hold onto

ill bump this thread if i end up needing to put it back up for sale in the future.....praying that the vet visit goes well monday....my little guy is my best friend and ill do whatever it takes to try and save him

551849_1671580835883_1550186485_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Try contacting a a herp society. Case Western has one and I think there is a central ohio herp society also. I hope your pet gets better.

thanks i will look into this....im going to contact the vet

i think i have multiple problems going on with them right now....im thinking low humidity may be a big factor in the health decline of both of my dragons....ever since ive moved, they havent been the same...my last house was much more humid than this one....im going to try adding a water dish to their enclosure to up the humidity...i think this will help with a lot of his skin problems....im going to see the vet still to be sure....the only thing going in my favor so far is that the disease that this APPEARS to be, usually kills them fairly quickly, and mine has had the discoloration since last october and it has not accelerated

the open wound is what has me scared about it now...but im thinking it could possibly be a crack in his skin from being so dried out, which would explain why he hasnt been shedding or pooping right lately, and why his skin looks ready to shed but is just kind of baked onto him

i have a few changes to make, and i need to get him to a vet to get a culture done on the yellowing to find out exactly what it is

im hoping by upping the humidity, it will help resolve most of my issues....only time will tell....

heres what im facing right now with it

IMG_20120707_182146.jpg

thats the discoloration...its all over his body in random splotches

but as you can see in this pic, his skin is very dried out and its ready to shed, but it looks kind of cooked onto him

IMG_20120707_182311.jpg

and heres where its open

Untitled-6.jpg

so i think instead of one problem like i originally thought, i think im facing two separate issues ...1 being humidity, and the other being the yellow discoloration

The herp society can help you find a good vet. My brother was very involved with one but he passed away a few years ago. If he was still here he would be more than happy to help. Google those herp societies and see if they have websites.

Did you try a spray bottle of water just mist him. Are you using a UV bulb in his tank. And how high is the light in the tank.

yea i mist him every few days...i put a digital hygrometer in his tank to see how his humidity looks throughout the day...im reading it should be around 30-40%, so ill see how it looks and make adjustments if necessary

his uvb is a reptisun 10.0 t8 tube, and its about 6-8" from his basking spot....im very versed on husbandry, and all of it is spot on, except maybe the humidity....so thats where ill be looking....other than that, i guess i will need to soak them more often, but i wouldnt think this would be necessary if humidity was right

Interested in the compressor if it goes back on sale

ill let you know

yea i mist him every few days...i put a digital hygrometer in his tank to see how his humidity looks throughout the day...im reading it should be around 30-40%, so ill see how it looks and make adjustments if necessary

his uvb is a reptisun 10.0 t8 tube, and its about 6-8" from his basking spot....im very versed on husbandry, and all of it is spot on, except maybe the humidity....so thats where ill be looking....other than that, i guess i will need to soak them more often, but i wouldnt think this would be necessary if humidity was right

Do you have a heating stone and do you run the light on them 24 hours a day.

Lilbit, thanks for the tip, I actually already made a thread there and one other place.

And making a Mac joke is a little different than wishing death on somebody's pet... However, I understand where you're coming from and I apologize... Truce?

Lilbit, thanks for the tip, I actually already made a thread there and one other place.

And making a Mac joke is a little different than wishing death on somebody's pet... However, I understand where you're coming from and I apologize... Truce?

Awww, you grew up and made nice. I should neg you for that but instead Ill just back hand you next time I see you. And .... GLWLR

Thanks for the apology. I hope you find some help for your pet. I'll add him to my prayer list.