So I think I might be done for the season...

r1crusher

Well, I need to do something. Either start wrenching on it or rob several stores. I'd just as soon drop it out and replace it but that takes coin. Tearing it down will only tell me that I need to put money into it but just how much is the real question. Anything more than $3-400 and I might as well just buy a used motor and slowly fix the bad one and keep it as a spare.

Or you could buy my rc for 2000.

I just rode a Honda for the first time Monday, I wouldn't own one.

It might look like its been thrown off a cliff, but its not sitting in the garage with engine troubles like a kawi and a gsxr I know of...;)

It might look like its been thrown off a cliff, but its not sitting in the garage with engine troubles like a kawi and a gsxr I know of...;)

The Honda wouldn't hold up to sucking something into the cylinder either. Kevins is minor, the noise wasn't that loud. I'm guessing the tensioner is about to click to the next click or he has a few valves that need adjusted.

I dunno, I had a Honda suck carburetor parts into the combustion chambers.

Didn't seem to bother it much. Engine got torn down for something else.

Found wrist pin keepers floating around once too. (In pieces, mostly.)

I think it was the mods to hit 13,500 rpm.

It wasn't a real good idea for long engine life.

I just rode a Honda for the first time Monday, I wouldn't own one.

I think you might like it better if there was a foam pad on it to keep from battering your ass like a catholic priest.

Don't you say such horrible things!!!

Well there may be more issues too, possibly a head gasket leak too. Craig said he thinks he and I can pull it apart and repair in less than a day. Priced them already 55 shipped and figure I'd do new plugs while Im at it.

He's running the bike this weekend at Putnam and I'll check next week to see if it lost coolant again. It had as of last night and I topped it off.

Don't worry I won't be gone forever, still want to run Gratten end of the season no matter what.

Okay...I'm back in business! :D

Tore into the top end with John (Turbo810) and Steve. Immediately after taking the airbox off the issue was evident. The fucking pair mod crossover tube had completely worked it's way off. I would have never imagined in a million years that those two little holes in the valve cover would have let that much noise out. So on went the tube with a couple screw type hose clamps thanks to Steve instead of the two shitty spring type clamps. So just a little clutch adjusting and I'm going to ride that beotch.

Still on the fence on going to Nelsons so I can save up for Putnam but I'll make a decision later this week after I get some other bills paid.

I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as I was imagining it to be.

Thanks John and Steve!

Okay...I'm back in business! :D

Tore into the top end with John (Turbo810) and Steve. Immediately after taking the airbox off the issue was evident. The fucking pair mod crossover tube had completely worked it's way off. I would have never imagined in a million years that those two little holes in the valve cover would have let that much noise out. So on went the tube with a couple screw type hose clamps thanks to Steve instead of the two shitty spring type clamps. So just a little clutch adjusting and I'm going to ride that beotch.

Still on the fence on going to Nelsons so I can save up for Putnam but I'll make a decision later this week after I get some other bills paid.

I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as I was imagining it to be

Thanks John and Steve!

which putnam day are you doing whore? Aug 5?

what about the metal in the oil and the wheel not spinning?

I can only assume it's was a by product of the clutches from the slipper action. I def. make use of it a lot. I'm going to take another look at the oil I removed as my lighting was not the best during the oil change.

I did start it up and try to get it to do what it was doing the night of the oil change but it was "acting normal" today. Like I said I'll just have to check the old oil again.

Take that shit off.

All of the PAIR stuff is off, there's just a rubber crossover hose. I'll see if I can find some rubber caps that fit later. At least I know the sound and if it happens again what the problem is.

Good to hear, BUT now its ME that might be donezo... Radiator is leaking around the cap. Hoping that Cox and Craig can fix it tomorrow and not have to use sealer/repair to seal the cap in place. But either way, going to have to get a new radiator from the sounds of it, and right now that is NOT in the budget. 225 shipped on Ebay is nothing planned. Game ender but oh well, always next season.

Glad you can get back out there buddy!

Good to hear, BUT now its ME that might be donezo... Radiator is leaking around the cap. Hoping that Cox and Craig can fix it tomorrow and not have to use sealer/repair to seal the cap in place. But either way, going to have to get a new radiator from the sounds of it, and right now that is NOT in the budget. 225 shipped on Ebay is nothing planned. Game ender but oh well, always next season.

Glad you can get back out there buddy!

wait you have $200 for track days but not a radiator? just skip one day. this isn't the end of sept or something jesus debbie downer.