the ogre speaks on Colorado

kawi kid

I like a lot of what he had to say. And I AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY, that if the movie theater wan not a CPZ, it would not have been targeted.

That being said...

I can only speculate as to what I would have done, and it's easy to arm chair QB. But, I don't think I would have taken a shot unless:

1. I had a clear sight and positive ID of the shooter (hard to do in a dark theater when other permit holders may also be reacting)

2. I knew what was beyond my target, depending on ammo I was carrying, I am that confident in my aim.

3. That I knew my friends/loved ones were down and safe behind me.

4. Side point....

It's tear gas, yes it sucks, no it can't kill 99.9999% of people, but it will make 80% of people freak the eff out!

5. When it comes down to these types of situations ( life and death) you don't think, you react.

-VanDy

• Upvote 1

A new thread to talk about stuff that's being talked about in another thread? WTF! This sites a great idea but is bogged down with stupid threads like this.

In that case I propose a course of action for you, or a choice...

1. I don't have all day to look at for above mentioned threads of threads... So link them for me....

2. Who are you again??

3. Oh that's right, I don't care :)

Ride safe

:troll:

-VanDy

• Upvote 2

A new thread to talk about stuff that's being talked about in another thread? WTF! This sites a great idea but is bogged down with stupid threads like this.

Thanks for the input. Ill let you know right now your opinion matters very little to me. Have a nice day. :bigfinger:

Edited by kawi kid

First off, your blog sucks.

Secondly, please, regale me with tales of how you would have drawn and fired on the shooter in a packed theater full of screaming people, some of whom are wearing costumes that may or may not be covering their face, disoriented and watery-eyed from teargas, and with the movie soundtrack playing loud gunfire all around you?

In ideal situations like a parking lot, where you have a clear view of the asshole and a full understanding of what's going on, I can understand since those situations are easily trained for. In this PARTICULAR INSTANCE, even with a concealed weapon, I'm willing to bet that none of you would have been able to do a damn thing without endangering the life of a innocent bystander.

You suck. And your opinion doesn't matter either. :)

I wouldn't have attempted a sho, I already made that clear. But the guy on he blog is former military and a high tier trainer so his outlook is obviously different. I was talking more in his stance on the controlled carry zone.

Edited by kawi kid

sorry but the only way you can stop things like this is to just remove guns from society.

like it or not, this isn't the 1700's anymore. you don't need a gun for anything.

Gross overreaction.

sorry but the only way you can stop things like this is to just remove guns from society.

like it or not, this isn't the 1700's anymore. you don't need a gun for anything.

not sure if serious or not :wtf:

If so.. I will be sure to tell my dad and brother and other family members that work in law enforcement that they don't need a gun anymore. I bet they will be so relived to to carry that heavy icky thing.

I'm completely serious. you don't cure a disease by treating the symptoms.

sorry but no one needs a gun in the 21st century. our country isn't on the boarder of Afghanistan or someplace that warrants you needing a gun for defense. if you're that worried about someone breaking in your house buy an alarm or a dog or learn how to fight. there's many places all over to learn how to defend yourself. and you'll get some exercise.

military or law enforcment sure. but not john q public.

I know this forum is a huge 2nd amendment rights advocate but you guys have 0 use for a gun other than it's a hobby. that's not "needing" a gun. you just "want" a gun. I had guns myself and do find it fun to blast shit and target shoot. but honestly, that's all a gun's use is to normal sane people. the problem is anyone can get one because you and I can. that's the problem.

if this was a case about drugs whatever drug he was on none of you would have issues with it being banned.

Edited by serpentracer

If u banned guns people would find other ways of doing it just like before the 1700's. People have been killing people for years the weapons have just changed. If this guy didn't have access to a gun he would have just fire bombed the place.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I could just say so much without stepping on toes.

I think there is already laws about killing people on books. So if those laws don't work, then banning / restricting any device (gun, car, hammers) will also not work.

So, do we just leave the conversation at "don't go to bad places" :(

I suppose i don't need a car to get to work or shopping since there are public busses. So I don't need a gun since there are police to prevent crimes in the event a person does not obey the laws.

I do "want" a car so I can travel on my own schedule. I do want a gun, just in case the police aren't around and something does happen that would be a threat to me and my family.

The shooter was wearing a gas mask, those limit your field of vision to around 80* according to my combat marine co-worker. It would be POSSIBLE to flank him and put one in his ear from behind.

Izhe4real, who is holding you down and forcing you to read this?

Serpentracer, I really hope you're just trolling.

I'm completely serious. you don't cure a disease by treating the symptoms.

sorry but no one needs a gun in the 21st century. our country isn't on the boarder of Afghanistan or someplace that warrants you needing a gun for defense. if you're that worried about someone breaking in your house buy an alarm or a dog or learn how to fight. there's many places all over to learn how to defend yourself. and you'll get some exercise.

military or law enforcment sure. but not john q public.

I know this forum is a huge 2nd amendment rights advocate but you guys have 0 use for a gun other than it's a hobby. that's not "needing" a gun. you just "want" a gun. I had guns myself and do find it fun to blast shit and target shoot. but honestly, that's all a gun's use is to normal sane people. the problem is anyone can get one because you and I can. that's the problem.

if this was a case about drugs whatever drug he was on none of you would have issues with it being banned.

You are a complete and utter fool. Alarms may deter criminals but they don't stop them. Dogs also deter but can't be counted on to attack an intruder and can be shot easily. You can be a master of ninjutsu but it doesn't make you bullet proof.

My oldest sister was raped and stabbed to death in Akron in 1991. If she had been carrying a gun at the time she might be alive today.

Plenty of women owe their lives to owning and carrying a handgun. Go tell them they don't need one. Tell a 105 lb woman that she needs to learn kung fu to defend herself from a 250 lb rapist.

Your opinions are pure, unmitigated bullshit and you need a good slap.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, but "things like this" is murder, and murder still exists without firearms.

And at rates about the same as before the changes.

Scruit mentioned something about murder rates in UK are close to USA.

They don't have firearms. Apparently they use anything else.

Australia is starting to show the same results. After a mass murder attack happened there.

edit:

"you don't cure a disease by treating the symptoms."

wait.... what?

edit again: nm, I get it. Treat the disease, not the symptoms...

Edited by ReconRat

Guns for hunting is obviously not needed, guns for home invasions are obviously not needed, guns for protecting ourselves in public "since we don't carry a cop with us" is also unneeded.:rolleyes: You realize the "only" reason why Japan decided not to invade the US shores? Because they realized that it would be a suicide mission due to all the gun owners here that would put a cap in their ass. Good citizens who are armed helps tilt the scales against the armed bad guys, if only the bad guys carried knives. Oh.....and without guns, this country would probably be speaking another language or be under the rule of a King or a Queen......just sayin.

Its proven fact that guns a detourant from crime...... Why do you think farms are one of the last places idiots try to rob?......sure they arent in the city but doesnt that make them a easy target..... Fk no cause ya know damn well theres gonna be nothing less than a shotgun on the other side of the door. Pokey is right..... He who carries the bigger stick wins....PERIOD. ban guns...... Dumbass idea cause only the lawful would be unarmed.