Dodging the Fire Storms - West Ride 2012

Earache

I love this old guy's "I don't give a fuck" fashion sense of wearing his watch on the outside of his shirt and sporting what I sincerely hope are dirt stains on his pants...

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

We were greeted by the Colorado Welcome Wagon. 87 in a 55 is apparently frowned upon here. Trooper was telling us how dangerous it is to speed, etc and then Neil accidentally flashed his badge (he's a Chicago cop) while gettinmg his license out. He then informed the cop that he was carrying two loaded weapons.

Cop says "cool" and then starts telling us which roads we should take as they're curvier. No mention of a performance award at all after that point.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

I've got to get me one of those badges.

The next day we leave Black Hawk at 0500 for the long ride home. We hump it to Des Moines, Iowa for the night. Rode 750 miles today and didn't take a single picture.

The last day of the trip is pent riding from DSM to Indy. Had to take a break in Le Roy, IL and let the tornadoes pass...

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

5,100 miles later and I'm back home. Neil and I split up in Dubuque, Iowa as he headed north east and I headed south east.

Good ride, good friend, good beers and some good food. Hard to top that.