Suggestions for good steel toes?

scottie.harris

I am looking for a good pair of comfortable steel toe shoes for work, i like the athletic ones and military style. I am looking to spend around $100-$150, found nothing worthy at local stores and redwing only had standard boots.

Anyone have any good places to look, found stuff online but cant really try on pictures for fit. If its a last resort ill buy online, but figured id see what others have and suggest.

Redwing. I bought them for close to $200. Made in the USA. Very comfortable and I wear them almost every day all day long. They last a long time.

I know this is above your stated budget, but your feet affect your whole well being. If you can, spend a little more.

Chris

Redwing. I bought them for close to $200. Made in the USA. Very comfortable and I wear them almost every day all day long. They last a long time.

I know this is above your stated budget, but your feet affect your whole well being. If you can, spend a little more.

Chris

I actually tried a pair on at an authorized dealer and they fit nice and were built well, they were only $99 but wanted to see if i could find an athletic or military style first. If i dont find anything i want ill go back and get them.

I actually tried a pair on at an authorized dealer and they fit nice and were built well, they were only $99 but wanted to see if i could find an athletic or military style first. If i dont find anything i want ill go back and get them.

They have multiple varities. Made in USA ones were more expensive. I forget the model #, but I'm sure they were $190 two years ago when I bought them.

I would make sure you ask for their best pair. But styling may not be what you want.

Chris

They have multiple varities. Made in USA ones were more expensive. I forget the model #, but I'm sure they were $190 two years ago when I bought them.

I would make sure you ask for their best pair. But styling may not be what you want.

Chris

I did ask for their best options and thats what i found i liked, but they were pretty wierd lokking. Im not all about style, but athletic shoes are comfy and i know they have steel toe versions.

My biggest issue is my current boots rub my ankle and blister my toes. Athletic shoes dont hurt my feet ever, but id consider military style because my work has dangers that over the ankle protection is handy; its already saved me from cutting my shin worse when a sheet of metal slipped from my hands.

Edit: i would consider military bc they are comfy enough to run in but still offer protection

Edited by scottie.harris

I did ask for their best options and thats what i found i liked, but they were pretty wierd lokking. Im not all about style, but athletic shoes are comfy and i know they have steel toe versions.

My biggest issue is my current boots rub my ankle and blister my toes. Athletic shoes dont hurt my feet ever, but id consider military style because my work has dangers that over the ankle protection is handy; its already saved me from cutting my shin worse when a sheet of metal slipped from my hands.

Sounds to me like they don't fit right if they're rubbing and blistering your feet and ankles. RedWing fitted me, and I found that I was wearing about a size or so too small. Going by their fitting, though, I think they sized my feet a bit too big, giving me about 1/2 size too big. I put my old boots on the other day and realized that my toes were being cramped.

Sounds to me like they don't fit right if they're rubbing and blistering your feet and ankles. RedWing fitted me, and I found that I was wearing about a size or so too small. Going by their fitting, though, I think they sized my feet a bit too big, giving me about 1/2 size too big. I put my old boots on the other day and realized that my toes were being cramped.

Exactly my thoughts, except i think my currents are to big. I wore them before but now im walking alot and am really feeling the pain.

Exactly my thoughts, except i think my currents are to big. I wore them before but now im walking alot and am really feeling the pain.

Yeah, my feet tend to hurt at the end of the day, but it's not as bad as with my old boots, they were WAY worn out!

Look into the Timberland Pro series of shoes. Over 100 different shoes from sneakers and dress shoes to 14 inch mining boots. http://shop.timberland.com/category/index.jsp?size=112&sort=&categoryId=4397219

I personally have been wearing their 6 inch pit boss line of boots for roughly the last 10 years and love them.

I have to wear steel toe at my job, have for 7 years now. Tried so many different brands, types, and the best i have worn to date are doc martins. The have lasted the longest, and were by far the most comfortable.

Go check out safety solutions in dublin, they have a pretty wide selection to try on and see what works.

Another thing to consider... Custom orthodics, they rock!

I like the Red Wings for comfort, but don't and won't wear steel toes.

Look into their hiking boots. They have steel toe versions and are very comfortable.

I am very hard on boots and wear my Red Wings every day. They last about a year because I wear the soles out quick. I'm still searching for a comfortable pair of Vibram soled boots.

I like the Red Wings for comfort, but don't and won't wear steel toes.

Look into their hiking boots. They have steel toe versions and are very comfortable.

I am very hard on boots and wear my Red Wings every day. They last about a year because I wear the soles out quick. I'm still searching for a comfortable pair of Vibram soled boots.

some of the timberland pro boots use goodyear rubber soles....might be worth looking into....if cars can get 90k miles out of the stuff, im sure boots would last awhile lol

My buddy wears these to work and says they are very comfortable http://workingperson.com/converse-boots-men-s-composite-toe-swat-military-boots-c8874-83651.html?ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&ci_sku=10138933&gclid=CNuu1drtvrECFQff4Aodq3QAlQ they are composite toe not steel so might not work for your need

some of the timberland pro boots use goodyear rubber soles....might be worth looking into....if cars can get 90k miles out of the stuff, im sure boots would last awhile lol
I do a lot of burnouts.
really? i just thought you left a lot of skidmarks.

:lol:

Early morning lulz + reps