State of the East Ohio Roads?

DAC

I was thinking of doing a longish ride tomorrow and was wondering what the recent state of the following roads is:

260 S of 26

800 S of 70

I understand from previous threads that 255 is a disappointment.

Thanks!

David

255 is still closed for road work... 800 from 70 to woodsfield isnt bad, and for about 5 miles out of woodsfield to rt 7 is ok then it gets crappy pretty rough.. 26 from woodsfield to marietta is good.. i was on it yesterday... 145 from marietta to lewisville is good, 260 is good. 146 is still being paved as today.. they were working on it this morning. I live near woodsfield and travel these roads all the time.. if anyone wants to come down and hang out let me know..

536 has a bunch of new patchs,not good.800 from Fly to just south of 255 was paved late last year...very nice!

260 is still a blast,especially north of 26 to Marr.

You better ride 148 while you can,they're in the process of "improving" it,which means they're taking out a few of the good curves.

Since you're in the area... most of 339 was paved last year and is a great ride.

...and if you ride 339,when you get to Dexter City take 821 south for about 6 miles and look for Dalzell Rd on the left.It will take you over to 565,turn right and 565 will take you to 260 where you can turn right and head south.Dalzell Rd is a "new to me" road this year and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites.Ten miles of endless hilltop curves on good pavement.Also some good forest sections.When you get to the county line at Lebanon the pavement turns for the worse,but by then you are only one mile from 565.

opps...just noticed the date of you're planned ride...this is probably to late.

Edited by drc32-0
new info

I've been on it a few times this year.I think it is Antioch where the good pavement ends,I couldn't remember the name.Sorry,maybe I should have been more clear when I said "just south" of 255.It's what,about 5 miles?

I still wouldn't miss that awesome climb from the river on nearly new pavement because of the rough stuff between Antioch and 255.

Last year I ran the 260,537,26,800,255,7 loop a lot,since 255 is closed I just substituted 800 for 255. Yes,there's some rough stuff on 800,but the new stuff on the bottom is worth it to me.

yea sorry didn't mean to come off rude etc.. i live in antioch and Would like as many ppl as possible to come down and ride these roads.. they are fun.... like i said, if anyone plans to be in the area let me know and we can meet up. just pm me and will give you my #

...and if you ride 339,when you get to Dexter City take 821 south for about 6 miles and look for Dalzell Rd on the left.It will take you over to 565,turn right and 565 will take you to 260 where you can turn right and head south.Dalzell Rd is a "new to me" road this year and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites.Ten miles of endless hilltop curves on good pavement.Also some good forest sections.When you get to the county line at Lebanon the pavement turns for the worse,but by then you are only one mile from 565.

We took Dalzell road today & it was great. (The dry parts anyhow).